Kthulu

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

are mxm.xml and menu.xml really going away? i thought i read awhile back that they were, but i don't see how...i mean, you've got to store that information somewhere one the hard-drive...unless menus are going to be dynamically created each time MXM boots...

curious cause i was thinking of approaches for a MenuBuilder script again. using a file-explorer type interface with it's own special context menu seems like a nice approach to me. i'm imagining something like my fileOpen script with a menu that pops up in the center of the screen like with the texteditor. the menu would have stuff like:

Auto-add Directory(if selected item is a dir, would create autodir entry in Menu.xml)
Make Menu Entry (if selected item is xbe or xas)(could link to flattspott's EntryMaker)
Edit Title (would edit existing mxm_entry.xml or auto-create one)
Set Media (ditto)
Set Thumb (ditto)
Add Help Screen (ditto)
Add Custom Tag (ditto)
Set Password (ditto)

Perhaps BJ could do something like this with the FileManager by having a file-manager menu in one mode and a menu-manager menu in another mode...or just give us the ability to add context scripts to the file-manager menu...

just some thoughts to kick around. if this subject has been addressed somewhere else, i apologize.

Edited by Kthulu, 16 February 2004 - 05:40 PM.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:05 PM

Well, for most settings, in Dash mode, MXM.xml will no longer be used. Menus may get more intelligent once a games DB is in place.

For DVD-R mode, you will likely always want an MXM.xml file and menu to optimize things.

The settings you mention will still be needed, anyway... if not directly in the menu, then for the Games DB (which is not location-specific).

Keep in mind, I haven't worked out all the details, and I'll be asking for help from you guys once the System UI is almost complete (or at least usable to start making useful dialogs).

#3 LeaCH

LeaCH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:52 PM

man there will be so much stuff in the next MXM version. i cant wait.

Go BJ and the MXM team! pop.gif

Edited by LeaCH, 16 February 2004 - 06:53 PM.

#4 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:26 PM

I say kepp em both, sorta like a plan B if something should go wrong

#5 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:16 PM

could link to flattspott's EntryMaker

I sorry but my stuffs not open source. You can't do that without my permission. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users