• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pakawot

pakawot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

I've read the "how to fix 90% of all game problems" and did everything, yet there is still lag in the games especially when it needs to load a big part of the game.

Everything goes slow and the frames are highly visible. Im running a 40 GB 5400 RPM hard drive with a mod chip.

If you need any more info, please just reply and I can post it. I haven't had this problem before, only recently. I've deleted all the cache, saved games, etc., but I still experience it. But after deleting the saved games, it helped a little.

Does anyone know how to 'optimize' my xbox and make it run normal speed?

thank you in advance, im desperate already mad.gif

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:51 PM

Is it a specific game? Just sounds like your XBOX doesn't read your media at full speed. Or are you talking about original retail (i.e. non-backup) games?

#3 pakawot

pakawot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:59 AM

this is for all backups.

it isn't game specific, pretty much any game. Just when it comes to a part where a lot of action is about to happen or parts that take upa lot of memory. Such as in March Madness 2004 when the ball is stolen and the possesion is changed. The whole camera has to swing around and it is choppy when it does this. Also, in games liek Max Payne, when you have a shoot out, or you slow dive, your guy is choppy and the action is choppy.

Thank you very much for your reply!

(But, the problem did get BETTER when i deleted all my saved games, however, it didnt completely erase the problem.)

#4 DarkOneX

DarkOneX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:14 PM

True Crimes does the same thing for me, it's very choppy almost through the whole game and I don't recall the original retail copy doing that.

#5 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:56 PM

Are you talking about playback from the HDD or a DVDR?

HDD:

Try using a 7200 in there instead. A 5400 should be fine for what is being read off the HDD, but who knows. XBox used 5400s as stock, but they were only meant to save games or read MP3s. They weren't meant to be used to play games off them. For that, a 7200 might be necessary.

DVDR:

It sounds like the media you use isn't good, the DVD writer isn't good, or your XBox hardware isn't good... hehehe.

#6 pakawot

pakawot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:52 AM

Im talking about running off the HDD.

But the wierd thing is that the hard drive had no problem before, and I know lots of other people that use a 5400 and don't have any "lag." Does anyone know of any other way of optimizing their xbox.

sad.gif

#7 DarkOneX

DarkOneX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:14 PM

It's probably fragmented. Somebody really needs to make an Xbox defragmenter program! I honestly can't believe nobody has made one yet! If I was a programmer and had the know how I would, but I don't. Somebody please make one! smile.gif

#8 pakawot

pakawot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:22 AM

How do you get your xbox Fragged? and how do you defrag it?

Thanks wink.gif

#9 Big HDD

Big HDD

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

getting your xbox fragged does not take long to do....it is basically adding files, then deleting them, and adding more files, etc.....some times it is done over a long period of time, cuz u might not delete files, etc. often.....and once it is fragged, the files for one game may be all over the hard drive.....and they dont have a defragg program yet....make one someboduy please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users