#1 prabhuly

prabhuly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:14 AM

Ok, So, i was messing with the xboxdash.xbe trying to do something that my friend told me. I made a backup before i started, just in case. Well, i messed it up and so i restored the file with my backup. I booted my xbox and i got error 21. and so, i was like, WTF. So, i busted out my backup cd that i made a looong time ago when i first started everything. restored xboxdash.xbe and the folder xboxdashdata.17f14d00, because i heard somewhere that they were linked. i still get an error 21.

help pretty please smile.gif

#2 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:42 AM

lesson learned- Don't play with files for the heck of it, especially if your dumb ass friend tells you to tongue.gif

#3 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:08 PM

Restore All Your C: And If This Don't Work Try To Rename Your xboxdash.xbe To msxboxdash.xbe

#4 prabhuly

prabhuly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:44 PM

ok, i restored the whole C partition, still got error 21. I renamed xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe and now i get error 13. should i have my friend send me his C partition and try restoring it with that?

thanks for the help guys

EDIT: I remembered seeing a M$ dash restore on slayers, so i did that. The dashboard came up fine. biggrin.gif but now when i turn my chip off and try and go on XBL i get FRAG and error 21.

Edited by prabhuly, 17 February 2004 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users