• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:50 PM

I won this green promotional XBox through a promotion with Interscope Records, and I'm selling it on eBay. Even though the case appears to be the same as the European one, this one is NTSC and the jewel is different.

The jewel says "Thanks for Partnering with XBox" and has Bill Gates' signature in there check ou the pic.

It's definitely a different green than the Mountain Dew cases, and I asked about this box in the X-S General/Technical forum and nobody really knew much about it.

Here's the link and a couple photos--PM me if you got questions.

Jim

Green Xbox Auction

user posted image

user posted image

#2 DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:54 PM

um how come you can't see the picture of the sig and the text on the jewel of the green xbox on the bottom. It looks like it just says XBOX to me dry.gif

#3 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

thanks for being a skeptic, but unfortunately it's just a bad photo (not enough light in the ol' basement). the writing is silver and doesn't show up on photos very well. here's a couple others:

(and yes, my thumb looks gross, thanks for asking)

I removed the pics since they're too big--see below for images

Edited by justanothernoob, 18 February 2004 - 06:50 PM.

#4 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:39 PM

its that a complete xbox with controllers or just a system with power,av only?

#5 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:45 PM

It comes with a translucent green s-type controller, the power & a/v cords and the documentation--the cables and dosc are still sealed in their bags--i took the console out of the bag for the photos. Thanks for the question.

#6 xSpiralx

xSpiralx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:52 PM

Please check your PM

#7 InfernO8

InfernO8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (DJ-phYre @ Feb 17 2004, 07:54 PM)
um how come you can't see the picture of the sig and the text on the jewel of the green xbox on the bottom. It looks like it just says XBOX to me dry.gif

Agreed. IMO those pictures did not come from the same xbox...The writing on the bottom one is clearly in silver and the one you are selling has green huh.gif . But hey good luck with your auction.

#8 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:57 PM

hmmmm what happen to that "buy it now" feature on ebay? Anyway, I will pass on this one also. good luck. ohmy.gif

#9 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (InfernO8 @ Feb 17 2004, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (DJ-phYre @ Feb 17 2004, 07:54 PM)
um how come you can't see the picture of the sig and the text on the jewel of the green xbox on the bottom. It looks like it just says XBOX to me  dry.gif

Agreed. IMO those pictures did not come from the same xbox...The writing on the bottom one is clearly in silver and the one you are selling has green huh.gif . But hey good luck with your auction.

I agree the the photos are bad, but it's definitely the same box. It's very difficult to get the jewel to show properly (the jewel is glossy, the xbox logo is neon green, and the other text is glossy silver and I'm in a basement).

This is completely legit and whatever I need to do to prove it I will.

To help appease the skeptics (and hopefully this'll do) I shot 40sec of video showing the case, the jewel and the rest of the stuff this comes with)--it's in two parts about 2.6MB each--I can email it to you just PM me your addy and i'll send it.

Jim

Edited by justanothernoob, 18 February 2004 - 03:34 AM.

#10 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:03 PM

This is my daily bump for 2/18/04.

I will email photos of whatever part of the console you want, and can send you video if you want too. This is a real deal Bill Gates' signature XBox and I'll do what it takes to prove it.

Here's the link to the auction:

Green Xbox Auction

Thank for the interest.

#11 InfernO8

InfernO8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:08 PM

Dont get me wrong im not trying to turn away business or bust your balls...I just thought that people should know if I found anything to be a little weird...Not saying you aren't legit nor am I saying that those are without a doubt in the world different xboxs. Like I said good luck with your auction.

#12 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:49 PM

I really appreciate the skepticism--but like in the movie Scarface: I got my balls and my word and I don't break them for nobody. I'm not mad--I'm also really picky about buying stuff over the net.

Here's some better pics--you can see the silver writing on the jewel in these. And if you're comparing them to the photo on eBay that you think is a different box--it's just the bad lighting--the box is on the same table in the same dark basement.

Jim

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by justanothernoob, 19 February 2004 - 01:48 PM.

#13 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:56 PM

This is my daily bump for 2/19/04

Here's a link to the auction--5 days left!

Green Xbox Auction

#14 justanothernoob

justanothernoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:54 PM

This is my daily bump for 2/20/04

Only 4 days left for my auction. I've gotten an email that says this definitely isn't the green developer edition b/c the case is different on the front of the dev. box.

Thanks for the interest in this Bill Gates' Signature edition xbox

Here's the link:
Green Xbox Auction

Jim

#15 Martog

Martog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:36 AM

That looks a LOT like the Special Edition Xbox that was given to the Xbox team at the launch of the Xbox, however, it said SPECIAL EDITION on it on the right side, opposite of the XBOX text, so I am not sure...every one I have seen had SPECIAL EDITION on that side. By the pics, I can't see those two words, so I am not sure if it is the same special edition Xbox or not...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users