#1 juzza

juzza

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:43 AM

Hey everyone

I have a rather (GAYLORD) problem and it's very annoying. My friend and I both have the same version XBox and DVD-ROM, yet for some unknown reason beyond human comprehension his can read the back-ups I make and I can't.

I am using PRINCO brand DVD-Rs (4x compatable grade "A") and only 2 of my 7 burned back-ups so far have even come up in evoX as game (the rest of the time "No Disc" crap). But this is failing to mention the 2+ Minutes loading time and uber choppy movie/music. Yet on my friends XBox they work flawlessly. My XBox is a 1.3 and is slightly older then my friends.

I burned the PRINCOs at 1x rather then 4x (I don't like 4x, albeit my computer is well equipped to burn at it). My question? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! Would a replacement DVD-ROM be worth the effort? My TDK (super expensive) Backed-up discs work as well (if not better) than original MS discs.

My burner is a DVR (a06) 106 with 107 firmware (regionfree) and I burn the back-ups with nero after GDF-ISOing them.

The games work and were tested on other XBox's, so whats the go? Craptacular revenge of my XBox? I threw the controller/s at it too much? I have software modded (as does friend) PBL 1.3 with evoX and THC dashboard.

If you can't help, at least humour me jester.gif

Juzza (not happy after buying 50 of these PRINCOs) grr.gif

#2 Damessiah

Damessiah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:51 AM

What drive you got in your box? You could go and buy a Samsung for 70 on eBay and that would probably work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users