2 replies to this topic

#1 Rivalwon

Rivalwon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:23 PM

Ok, here is the situation.

I was using an Alladin Advance modchip that was flashed with the Evox M7 256k BIOS. Everything was working fine. I guess I have a natural instinct to tinker with things that are already working because I decided I wanted to use Avalaunch as my dashboard instead of my already working Evox dash.

Since I needed to use a BIOS that had avalaunch.xbe first in the boot order I decided to flash my BIOS to the Xecuter 4981 BIOS (the one that is supposed to work with any modchip). I flashed my BIOS and everything worked fine. Avalaunch loaded as my default dash. Everything worked great. That was a couple nights ago...

Then last night I started up my XBOX, and after about 5 minutes it just shut off by itself. It kept doing that until finally it wouldn't start up at all in the mod chip mode. I could still boot into the regular M$ dash and use my XBOX that way. Soon after that it stopped booting at all. Now I can't even turn my XBOX on with the power button. I can power it up using the eject button (into the M$ dash) but even that turns itself off after a couple minutes. So basically, as it stands right now my XBOX is basically useless.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance...

#2 albino1

albino1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:42 PM

i hope you installed avalaunch 0.48.60

the previous versions, especially .5 - .59 destroys/ wipes out your EEPROM
especially after video region switching, NTSC-->PAL, vice versa

#3 Rivalwon

Rivalwon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (albino1 @ Feb 18 2004, 05:42 PM)
i hope you installed avalaunch 0.48.60

the previous versions, especially .5 - .59 destroys/ wipes out your EEPROM
especially after video region switching, NTSC-->PAL, vice versa

Yes. It was the latest version of avalaunch. Everything was working fine for several days. I did not make any changes to the system during that time. Then it just stopped working. Not sure what's happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users