Photo

Doesn't Seem Like Kai Beta Supports Win 98...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Byrne

Byrne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

Warp Pipe had these same problems initially. There is a memory leak problem of some sort.

Edited by Byrne, 18 February 2004 - 07:41 PM.

#2 dfunked

dfunked

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:54 PM

Are you implying that XLink Kai is based off Warp Pipe's sources? wink.gif

What brings you to this conclusion and what's the problem you're facing? Be specific so that the problem (if there is one) can be found and fixed.

#3 Byrne

Byrne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:54 PM

I am not implying that at all. Anyway, after having XLink open for a while, it begins to not work properly. Things start disappearing, and eventually, nothing can be seen. I know it is some sort of memory problem because this exact same thing happened with initial versions of Warp Pipe. It is hard to explain, but basically, it messes up everything that is running on the computer until I exit it.

#4 flat235

flat235

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Heh.. XLink
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:29 PM

I know it is some sort of memory problem because this exact same thing happened with initial versions of Warp Pipe. It is hard to explain, but basically, it messes up everything that is running on the computer until I exit it.

I'm smelling troll, but perhaps not. However, Kai has been used on 98 by many other people, with no problems. All I can suggest, is play with which WinPCap you have installed..

TD

#5 Byrne

Byrne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:47 PM

Alright, I am not trying to be a troll or anything but I did do some testing today. I made sure I had the proper version of WinpCap installed and the memory problems still existed. I am just trying to play this program online because it is better than Warp Pipe (as of now) in my opinion.

Edited by Byrne, 23 February 2004 - 09:02 PM.

#6 flat235

flat235

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Heh.. XLink
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:33 AM

OK, would it be possible for you to give me some more info then? For example, if you start kai, but leave the GCN turned off, then navigate around arena etc. , do you notice a leak then? Or is it only when game data is actually being transferred?

Also, are you sure its a leak? Sometimes Kai can seem to allocate chunks of memory aggresively, only to release them once its done doing whatever it needed the memory for in the first place.

Lastly, is it the Kai.exe for the UI, or the Kai.exe for the engine which is leaking?

TD

#7 Byrne

Byrne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

Well I am not 100% sure about whether it is a leak or not, but it often happens before my Gamecube is even turned on. I'll try to find someone to play with again tonight.

#8 TomisH

TomisH

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:06 PM

I've got exactly the same problem under Win98se - everything disappears and Menu start vanishes dry.gif All the icons are gone and the only thing I can use [and see] in kai is the chat I was on...

Hmmm - it happens only when my Xbox is on, not when kai is running all alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users