Photo

Sitting Here With Credit Card In Hand....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bumbico

Bumbico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

Here's my situation and help would be nice because I want to get my Xbox up and running like it used to.

I tried to use the MechAssault (Linux) Gamesave Exploit and I messed up. I accidently deleted some files. I have no idea what I deleted.

Everytime I turn on my Xbox it goes straight to the Xbox needs service screen. What I have figured out is that I deleted some of my dashboard files. Before, I could play a game, but when I tried to get to the dashboard it crashed. Then, after I unplugged my Xbox the first thing it want's to do is look for the "clock". My Xbox looks for the "clock" before it even starts the disc and that's where it crashes.

I turn my Xbox on, it crashes because there is no "clock" set / dashboard there.

I can't FTP or do anything, but turn it on and off.

I have a credit card in my hand. I need to know if a ModChip will fix my problem. If I was to buy a ModChip (which I will), will it allow me to start the ModChip and totally skip the whole scanning for the "clock" / dashboard in general. I figured if it would automatically load the ModChip once installed I could then FTP to my Xbox and copy new drives from my brother's Xbox or the internet.

Now, if getting a ModChip will fix the problem which I hope it does. What ModChip should I buy? I was looking for something that's good, but not bad. Something that can fix my problem and do other stuff. Another thing, I want it to be a solderless setup even if I have to buy an adapter seperate. If I do have to buy an adapter seperate, I would like to know which one to buy as with the ModChip.

I was looking at buying a Xenium w/ Chameleon Solderless Adapter piece, but I am not sure if a ModChip will fix my problem let alone that ModChip.

Suggestions and comments are very much welcomed! If you know for 110% that a ModChip will fix my problem please post a link to where I can buy one from a trustworthy site so I can fix my Xbox.

Thanks! sad.gif

#2 KevboY2K

KevboY2K

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:27 PM

Question: Will he be able to repair a broken dashboard by installing a mod chip and FTPing good files over?

Also on top of this: If you have an Xbox that will not boot (any) disks, is it possible to install EvoX or some other dash and use that instead of the default broken dash to launch games? Keep in mind that the Xbox is not able to boot anything as it is--so is it even possible to get EvoX on there properly?

#3 Damessiah

Damessiah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

Its maybe worth a shot, not sure that it would work but the chip you really want is an xecuter 2.3b lite plus.

If it didnt work and your chip was still in pristine condition, under the Unwanted goods act (this is UK) you could return it for a full refund.

#4 Bumbico

Bumbico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:46 PM

I need to know for 110% if it will work or not. I don't want to buy something and not having it work.

#5 psibob84

psibob84

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

it will work aslong as you put a bios on the chip that will bypass the clock check (both the latest evox and Executer bios do this)

#6 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:44 PM

Once you get whatever chip installed and flashed with the newest xecuter bios - boot off of the slayer disc and choose the rebuilt original hard drive option. It will work just fine.

#7 Bumbico

Bumbico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:30 AM

So that's great news. I am hoping that Xenium with a Chameleon Solderless adapter works nicely. Thanks guys!

#8 soliant

soliant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Bumbico @ Feb 18 2004, 06:17 PM)

I tried to use the MechAssault (Linux) Gamesave Exploit and I messed up. I accidently deleted some files. I have no idea what I deleted.

if u backed up your xbox before screwing it up, you could easily restore your backup and your xbox would be back to its original state when it was backed up.

you would do this via hotswapping w/ hdd driver or xlinux.

it's an easy fix if you have a backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users