#1 Neg.Nance

Neg.Nance

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:11 AM

My friend had his xbox open and then when he was done started playing halo for a couple hours, he was wondering about the temperature andwhen and checked, he swore to god that it was 191 deg. f., I didn't think an xbox could handle that heat, nor get that hot without shutting off automatically or just plain out frying the mobo.

he waited awhile and it fragged, he switched hard drives and it worked, now it works with both hard drives, but I am unbelievably amazed that t reached 191 degrees, he said that when he reopened his xbox that the 40mm hard drive fan on the hdd tray had fallen off, I dont know if this was a cause or an effect, it may have been so hot the hot blue melted that was holding the fan on.

he reglued the fan and now he is getting normal temperatures, he said when he opened it up after it reached 191 the case screws were hot to the touch, so I dont this it was a misreading, maybe the fan once it fell off get into a position to trap hot air insde the xbox

anways, I think he got really lucky

#2 EmperorPsiblade

EmperorPsiblade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Helping newbies, installing modchips, evil genetic experiments......
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:21 AM

cool laugh.gif

isn't it supposed to shut off at only 170 degrees F?
Your friend was very lucky but i'm suprised that it didn't crash while playing it...

EDIT: cool 150 posts.. i'm a senior member happy.gif

Edited by EmperorPsiblade, 19 February 2004 - 01:22 AM.

#3 Neg.Nance

Neg.Nance

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:40 AM

I thought the same here, I thought the xbox was supposed to shut off at 170, this definatly made me consider getting a mcpx heatsick for safety, and 1 for my friend,

Edited by Neg.Nance, 19 February 2004 - 02:41 AM.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:45 AM

seriously if your running 190 a MCPX heatsink isnt gonna do shit, lol, make sure the fan is plugged in (sometimes i foget to plug it back in after reassbling a box)

might want to consider turning up the fan speed int eh bios and maybe an HD cooler

and def find out why it didnt shut down, i think its supposed to shut down at 160 actually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users