#1 player1

player1

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:44 AM

OzXodus XENIUM OS Update hours away.
>> The RECOVRY.BIN file is about to be released. Xenium-OS_V1.1_Final_Beta.rar has been making the rounds and it looks good. It fixes many issues that have caused some minor grief to Xenium owners. Watch for news of the Public Release of it here and on their official site www.OzXodus.com

In the meantime.. for those who have been waiting for this OS release here is the manual so you will be ready...

(February 19 13:22 GMT+1)
(Posted by:: HSDEMONZ)

http://www.xbox-scen...FZFvnRxKtbv.php

#2 Josh Adams

Josh Adams

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:16 PM

OzXodus XENIUM OS Update hours away.
>> The RECOVRY.BIN file is about to be released. Xenium-OS_V1.1_Final_Beta.rar has been making the rounds and it looks good. It fixes many issues that have caused some minor grief to Xenium owners. Watch for news of the Public Release of it here and on their official site www.OzXodus.com

In the meantime.. for those who have been waiting for this OS release here is the manual so you will be ready...

Xenium OS Update Manual (PDF File)

Well based on that news it seems like SmartXX's claims that OzXodus don't have the talent to improve the XeniumOS software is complete bullshit like everything else coming out of that camp. (Don't flame me, I am just sick of hearing all the crap that SmartXX and Xecuter are throwing at the Xenium with comparison tables etc, sounds to me like they are both worried).

My guess is that this update will be a major bug fix and it will also demonstrate the flexibility of the XeniumOS and as sign of things to come.

I'd imagine that we'll know in the next day or so if the OzXodus guys are good as well all think they are, I for one am not expecting to be disappointed by this release.

Xenium rocks, Josh!

Edited by Josh Adams, 19 February 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#3 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:27 PM

oops

Well I got the new Xenium OS update from there site 'Xenium-OS_V1.1_Final_Beta.rar'

I was flashing it and then I went to have another look at the forum to see if anyone had said anything... To my supprise they had removed the thread and the OS file!!

I went back to look because my Xenium had hund at the 'safe mode screen' and wasn't rebooting (see update manual http://downloads.ozx.....e Manual.pdf)

Well it rebooted okay (I still cannot get into my original bios unless I remove the chip) however it had removed all my uploaded bioses.

There's a few extra options Quick boot, bios led colour selection ane hard drive ones too as in unlock, format, etc...

I'll go make a list brb

#4 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:42 PM

Menu options (by tree)

1)Configuration

a)Settings Menu
i)Instant Boot ™: (When you power on your X-Box it instantly <Approx. 1 Sec Delay> boots your default OS - press the eject button to boot into the Xenium OS)
NB The 'Display Hardware Info' section will tell you your OS version

b)Bios/Bank Configuration
i)Bank LED Colours
NB Autonaming Banks feature not working (maybe why they removed the update??)

c)Disk Tools
i)Drive Info (Displays Make, Model, Manufacturer, Size etc of your installed HD)
ii)Unlock Harddisk
iii)Smart Drive Upgrade
iv)Copy Partitions
v)Format Partitions

That's all folks! blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Edited by oblox, 19 February 2004 - 07:20 PM.

#5 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:46 PM

LMAO jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif

I think I wish I'd bought a SmartXX now LOL

Edited by oblox, 19 February 2004 - 12:49 PM.

#6 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Raping Microsoft, and teabagging the rulez.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:49 PM

Xenium O.S. V.1.1 will make the pain all go away..... If you don't get what I am saying, buy a ps2, get FFX-2, and look at the guy in my Avatar...

Shuyin is GANGSTA!

#7 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Tidusblitz111 @ Feb 19 2004, 05:49 PM)
Xenium O.S. V.1.1 will make the pain all go away..... If you don't get what I am saying, buy a ps2, get FFX-2, and look at the guy in my Avatar...

Shuyin is GANGSTA!

GUY?????? ohmy.gif

#8 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:53 PM

WHAT?! WHAT???!!!! What do you mean that's all???!!@!! that's some dope sh*t!

Quick boot?! WTF? Bios led color selection WTF?!!

Once again I say...... Xenium O.S. v 1.1 will make the pain all go away!

#9 flamelan

flamelan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

Well maybe there was something wrong with it still.
Not a big deal. Think it this way. Atleast they removed it quickly.

People have waited for the update for weeks, therefore couple extra hours more wont matter. smile.gif

#10 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:57 PM

Currently I still feel the pain...

My original bios won't boot.... maybe I should just give up and flash a retail to the xenium sad.gif

#11 Morglum

Morglum

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (oblox @ Feb 19 2004, 06:57 PM)
Currently I still feel the pain...

My original bios won't boot.... maybe I should just give up and flash a retail to the xenium sad.gif

Update doesnt fix the original bios booting thing for me, it still only works randomly dry.gif

None of the other "bugs" were an issue for me really, just the original bios thing. Lets hope its sorted in the public final of v1.1 smile.gif

#12 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:03 PM

Well, why don't you just take the chip off the pins to have it boot M$ bios? When my box was fragging that is all I had to do, too get my original bios booting....

Unless...you screwed up your xbox so when you take the chip off, it doesn't boot...then you need a new MOBO

#13 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:12 PM

Yeah it works fine when I take the chip off. Just a pain... maybe I should just add a switch to the D0 wire...(something to think about)

A cow goes MOOOO!.moo.x-port.Fastest porting in the west.xport.konichiwa.koitsu.fucktard.habibi.freex.fucktards.free-x.traitor.gimli.You know who this is?.zeus.mikegrb <3 mythtv.mikegrb.Kudos on XbTool.nghtshd.Suck our cocks.cloners.uberidiot.ubergeek.head liar.k3rn3l.liars.xecuter.Get yer warez!.xbins.Tj is rad!.tjfontaine.BEST GAME EVER!.thps.Wtf does mean?.* Artifex shrugs.artifex.......I'll paintball ya yankie arse!.bcicdrz.bong or beam?.ozshadow.Franz will screw you!.labmaster.Suck my cock Franz!.huhu.Yah, you're cool..greengiant.hamtitampti is fuck!.hamtitampti.smartxx is fuck!.smartxx..XeniumOS V1.1

A quote from a certain OS update lol

EDIT maybe I shouldn't of posted that LOL
EDIT EDIT Slightly adjusted just incase of copywrite infringement LMAO
EDIT EDIT EDIT for every second word in the quote above if you type it in as the name for Bios 1 (in any mode) you get the word previous
AKA type 'xbins' and it changes to 'Get yer warez!'

Edited by oblox, 19 February 2004 - 11:06 PM.

#14 Morglum

Morglum

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Tidusblitz111 @ Feb 19 2004, 07:03 PM)
Well, why don't you just take the chip off the pins to have it boot M$ bios?

Because thats not how the chip should function dry.gif Im not gonna sit fucking around unbolting my xbox to take the chip off every time i want to boot the original bios, only to put it back on when i want to play my backups. Fuck that, they want to get their arses into gear and get it fixed.

@ oblox, LOL, i just found that in it too laugh.gif Hey but dont reverse engineer it, else you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible under the Berne convention. wink.gif hehe.

Edited by Morglum, 19 February 2004 - 05:25 PM.

#15 Parrappa

Parrappa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:52 PM

lol oblox, where exactly did you get that quote from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users