#1 cueman

cueman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:46 PM

Anybody installed a large Seagate hdd lately? I am having problems installing a brand new out of the box Seagate 200GB hdd (Model st3200822a). Do I need to do anything to prepare the hdd? Do I need to format it from the PC? I installed a new 40 GB Western Digital hdd w/o any problems just last week. I didn't have to prep it whatsoever. I just popped it in and starting formating with my Evox boot disk.

I am getting Error 14 when trying to boot with my Evox boot disk. The boot disk is readable since it boots up OK with the original hdd. I tried setting the new hdd at both cable select and master with same results.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

XBOX version: 1.4
Mod chip: Xecuter 2.3b Pro
BIOS: X2 4980.06

#2 xboxmodderr4u

xboxmodderr4u

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:07 PM

Im sure it is lockable but just make sure for your own relief.. Check the jumper too.. In the beginning I used to get the same problem but by moving the jumper over one spot it got rid of my error 14.. Your bios should support the bigger hdd no problem.. So it sounds like to me that either your hdd is not compatiable or the jumper settings is wrong.. I will check in on the model and see if it is lockable.. brb..

#3 SKllZ

SKllZ

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

It shouldn’t matter if his hard drive is locked or unlocked right? Being lock only allows you to boot to MS dash and live right? Sounds to me like he has his jumpers set wrong like you said.

#4 cueman

cueman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

I did another search on the forum and I think I know what my problem is. I think that the clock has been resetted, since it's been off for over 8 hours. I think all I need to do now is to either hot swap with the original hdd or to reset the clock using the old hdd and then power on with the new hdd.

I will try this when I get home tonight and let you guys know how it works out.

#5 cueman

cueman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

I checked and yes, this drive is lockable through config magic.

#6 djgarf

djgarf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:01 AM

if u put a evox bios on one of your chip banks (i use evox m7) then it will skip the clock check even though the xbox has been off for so long

#7 cueman

cueman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:12 PM

I figured out what was wrong. I jammed when of the IDE pins while installing my hdd. That's why my box was displaying error 14.

Yes, I was able to lock this drive using ConfigMagic.

#8 pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:31 PM

glad you got it working, the only hdds i use are seagate drives because they are so dam quiet.

#9 LukeWarm

LukeWarm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:00 PM

I've been having similar problem's installing my 200Gb Seagate. Old HD works fine but with the seagate I get error 07. The slayer's disc seems to boot because I get some sort slayer's error page sometimes. I've checked the ide cable's like a million times. The HD works fine in my Comp and my xbox clock is set. Any Clue's?

#10 LukeWarm

LukeWarm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:35 PM

NeverMind, my jumper was fu**ed smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users