#1 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

I installed my chip really easily with the chameleon adapt. Then i bought a 10 pack of memorex cdrw. i burned the bios right, and then stuck it in 1time 2time 3time......50time......150......210.......240.....300....350.......380.......400.....and then just fucking gave up after about 411 tries. I then had to take dvd drive out of my computer and used that to flash and it worked on first try. Now all i need is a power spliter and evox is mine!!!

#2 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:55 PM

Your problem is right there...Memorex sux. I used a FujiFilm CDRWin my Tommy and it worked the first time. Next time, use a quality CDRW (make sure it says Made in Japan, not Made in Taiwan or whatever).

#3 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

yeah f*ck memorex. I just got chip working. f*ck radio shack. Jeeze does a person have to do everything. My radio shack sucks, cdrw's don't work. But i prevailed! I got my computer hooked up and since i didn't have a power splitter. i used computer to jumpstart dvd drive. And then i hook a wire here and a wire there. O and i forgot. fuck nero. Roxio is way better. I burned like 9 disks with nero and only 1 with roxio and guess which one worked. Anyway i would just like to say that i doubt alot of people have had this much trouble. But it is well worth it, stick with it. I was ready to give up after 9 hours of straight flash attempts and over 400 tries. But i stuck with it and thought about the problem. And i fixed it. Just stick with it and there are some people out there that are willing to help. O and fuck thompson dvd drives. Dont' give in and buy a samsung, thats a waste of money. Just use a dvd drive from your computer.

#4 The LukeMan

The LukeMan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Feb 21 2004, 07:55 PM)
Your problem is right there...Memorex sux.

Hell no !! tongue.gif

I had your problem Kingal so i bought a samsung their really good read cd-rs ! biggrin.gif

#5 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:36 PM

Lol, nice. I just have limited funds and i'm saving up for a 200 gig. so i had to improvise.

#6 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:01 PM

Damn Samsung whores... tongue.gif

#7 shadowarachh

shadowarachh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

i had the same problem with my stock philips drive but it wasnt the cdrw or the drive it was the way i burned it with nero....too many options and only a certain way would work:) dont think i tried 400+times but it was enough for me to just use the mech xploit and ftp my way in from there. grats on stickin with it though!

#8 volly

volly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:00 AM

I use memorex media all the time with my Thompson drive. No problems.
I guess it differs per Thompson/xbox drive as well which media to use. It also seems that DVD-/+R are easier for the xbox to read than CR-RW

#9 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:00 AM

You also need to remember to burn the CD-RW at a SLOW speed. If you burn at 4x or lower, you will have better success aith the Thompson.

Personally, I use Maxell CD-RWs burned at 4x. They work on ALL Xbox drives.

Incidentally, the only problem that I have found with the awesome Samsung drives is that they are actually WORSE than the Thompson at reading DVD+R media! Other than that they pretty much read everything, including almost any CD-R media.

Flagg

#10 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:05 AM

Forgot all about the burn slower stuff...makes all the difference with ISOs. Burn it as slow as possible, unless you know there won't be any problems @ 4x.

#11 marksu

marksu

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:52 AM

I bought 3 x 25 pack CD-RW Platinum and they work like a dream. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users