rbmerc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Everything... THE MOUNTAINS
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

This is my first time installing a hard drive in an Xbox and I am putting a 160gb maxtor in mine. I have it all ready to go and I have the original Xbox files backed up and the current Xbox files too. Now do I just swap out hard drives and then put the new hard drive in? Anything special I need to know other than have it on cable select jumper settings? After I put it in don't I just use the EvoX boot disc and then FTP all the original Xbox files back over, and reinstall EvoX from scratch again? Or can I somehow swap the files from my hard drive now over to the new one and not have to redo much?

-merc ph34r.gif

#2 gamarsedge

gamarsedge

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

that sounds about right, that and you have to flash your bios to support 137gb+ hd and make drive g take the rest of the gbs

#3 tankertux

tankertux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:24 PM

You need to make sure the drive is formatted, so run Slayers or configmagic to format the large hard drive. Also, make sure your bios supports LBA48, so that it will recognize the full size of the drive (larger than 137GB). Once the drive is formatted and you have a backup of the original drive on your PC, install evox so that you can FTP into it, and simply copy the old drive over the new installation of evox. This way, everything will be exactly as it was (including your savegames) except you'll have a larger HDD. Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users