15 replies to this topic

#1 pony6969

pony6969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:09 PM

Hey guys,

I just bought an xbox today. Its a limited edition version 1.2. Tried to mos it using AR, the AR memory card etc. Copied the zip file from the memory card to the xbox hdd and then tried to load it in the game. I got a black screen when loading linux, which said "problem occured, service required". The top left of the screen showed the number '21'

Any idea why I get this?

Thanks

#2 Biniecki

Biniecki

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:25 PM

this usually happens if the box has been connected to xbox live. even when just accessing the xbox live feature to setup an account it automaticly connects to MS and downloads updates to patch the holes that the MA exploit takes advantage of. U'll have to find some1 that has an xbox that hasnt seen xbox live and use the MA save to ftp to the box and transfer the C drive contents to ur xbox and then use the MA save to ftp to ur xbox and delete ur C drive and replace it with the 1 u copied. Then install PBL and Evox and then restart and it should work.

If the box hasnt seen xbox live i would make sure that all of the files are in the correct place and also check the ini files to make sure all the path names are correct.

If you are still having trouble I'd suggest tryin to install the audio exploit by using the MA exploit

#3 pony6969

pony6969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. Its a brand new xbox with the following dash and kernel -

D: 1.00.5659.03
K: 1.00.5101.01

I've tried the audio hack as well, even that came up with the same error. Someone on IRC told me it might be because of my dashboard version and that I need to downgrade to 4920. Can I do this? If so, how?

In your post you also mentioned something about looking at the ini files etc. I used the same rar file that my mate used to flash his xbox (dash 4920) and it seemed to work fine at his end, therefore I'd guess it has nothing to do with the files.

BTW when my xbox boots up, the options I see are memory, music, xbox live and settings. I haven;t been on xbox live at all.

I've spent the last 6 hours on this without any solutions. Please help me if you can. Cheers

#4 Biggup

Biggup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:15 AM

Try using a M$ memory card instead of the AR one. Sometimes the AR memory card corrupts the save game hack, but the M$ one should work fine.

#5 KlanXX

KlanXX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

Biggup is right try using an M$ memcard thats what did it for me, I had the same dash and kernel. AR's are bugy.

#6 Vinvin

Vinvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Xbox is my life..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

my xbox got error 21 when ever it loads up.. i dunno wat happened i wasn't able to ftp it as i was unable to load into the dashboard... pls help..

#7 toenail

toenail

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:54 AM

sign your default.xbe using a signing program according to whatever exploit your using

#8 Biggup

Biggup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

If you get error 21 put a game in that you were using to load the save game hack. Run that so you can get ftp access again. From there do any necessary file repairs that you might need.

#9 DeltaTau

DeltaTau

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:57 PM

for the audio hack you need to downgrade to a 4920

that is a must, the best way to do that is to get FTP access to your xbox using Mechassuly, 007 or Splinter cell

from there ftp over the old dash from slayers cd

#10 lovepipe

lovepipe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:28 PM

I'm placing this post here as it seems to apply.

I just recently tried to mod my Xbox. The MA exploit worked fine, but I think I made a mistake with the files that I uploaded as I now get Service Error 21 on bootup. I made a copy of the C Drive files, but the Xbox won't even boot a game, it will only show the error screen (disc or no disc).

Is there anyway around this?

#11 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (lovepipe @ Feb 23 2004, 06:28 PM)
I'm placing this post here as it seems to apply.

I just recently tried to mod my Xbox. The MA exploit worked fine, but I think I made a mistake with the files that I uploaded as I now get Service Error 21 on bootup. I made a copy of the C Drive files, but the Xbox won't even boot a game, it will only show the error screen (disc or no disc).

Is there anyway around this?

If you can't boot a game, access the hdd via the dashboard or ftp into it, then you'll need to hotswap it... sad.gif

#12 naivaz

naivaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:25 AM

Okay, while on the subject and rather than creating a new topic, i'll ask this question here.

Earlier, i was quite confused at how using a gamesave exploit is to be done. So i downloaded "Gouki-xbox modless archive" for the MechAssaul_Runlinux save and asked my friend with a modded box to put it on my MadCatz memory card. So he does it and when i try to use MA to load the RunLinux save, the screen flashes and it goes to a error 21 screen. So after searching the forum, i discovered that I didn't sign the default.xbe that was in the MechAssaul_Runlinux save. So i was wondering if this would be the reason I'm getting the error 21. I have a 1.0 Xbox I think and the system info is as follows:

K: 1.00.4034.01
D: 1.00.4920.01

So all i have to do is sign the default.xbe in the save with -habibi and ask my friend to transfer it again, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

#13 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (naivaz @ Feb 24 2004, 06:25 AM)
Okay, while on the subject and rather than creating a new topic, i'll ask this question here.

Earlier, i was quite confused at how using a gamesave exploit is to be done. So i downloaded "Gouki-xbox modless archive" for the MechAssaul_Runlinux save and asked my friend with a modded box to put it on my MadCatz memory card. So he does it and when i try to use MA to load the RunLinux save, the screen flashes and it goes to a error 21 screen. So after searching the forum, i discovered that I didn't sign the default.xbe that was in the MechAssaul_Runlinux save. So i was wondering if this would be the reason I'm getting the error 21. I have a 1.0 Xbox I think and the system info is as follows:

K: 1.00.4034.01
D: 1.00.4920.01

So all i have to do is sign the default.xbe in the save with -habibi and ask my friend to transfer it again, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Right... that SHOULD be your problem. Most Error 21 messages are because of missing, corrupt, or unsigned saves. smile.gif

#14 lovepipe

lovepipe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Blank @ Feb 24 2004, 02:03 AM)
If you can't boot a game, access the hdd via the dashboard or ftp into it, then you'll need to hotswap it... sad.gif

Ok then, with regards to hotswapping. I am assuming that you mean I need to boot up with a different HD connected, wait for everything to load, then re-attach the pooched HD. But, I was under the assumption that a new / different HD would have to be locked using the key specific to the Xbox before it would boot (as I have not yet obtained the key from the Xbox this would be difficult). Is this not correct, or am I missing something?

#15 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (lovepipe @ Feb 24 2004, 02:07 PM)
Ok then, with regards to hotswapping. I am assuming that you mean I need to boot up with a different HD connected, wait for everything to load, then re-attach the pooched HD. But, I was under the assumption that a new / different HD would have to be locked using the key specific to the Xbox before it would boot (as I have not yet obtained the key from the Xbox this would be difficult). Is this not correct, or am I missing something?

yes you are you boot both x-boxes and then swap their drives by the time you see the X on screen the drive is unlocked let the second box reun evox then you hotswap and then using the evox you can FTP to the fuxed drive

Alternatively get a mod chip.
What's happened is you've deleted something from the c: drive (partition2) <the dashboard cannot be loaded because of this> and unfortunatly the time on your clock has gone and the xbox has to load the dashboard in order to set the time sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users