4 replies to this topic

#1 Billy69

Billy69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:16 AM

Hello,

Right, I think I am halfway there. I have successfully put the 007 raincoat on my box, I can boot the hack, and then telnet to my XBox and start prodding around.

Oh happy day :-)

I also have acquired the XEcutor files 4981.06_256k.bin, 4981.67_256k.bin and make1mb.bat.

I am aware that I have to make th 1MB image depending on my XBox version

My XBox reports (when I run raincoat) a device of 0X00 and a manufacturer of 0X09.

I have _NOT_ yet soldered the motherboard, I intend to do this only when I am happy that I know what I'm doing with the software.

On to my questions:

When I run raincoat, currently it won't allow me to read off my BIOS. I hoped to do this before soldering the board, but it errors saying Read Only??? Is it possible to read the BIOS without soldering?

Which BIOS should I use .06 or .67?

So moving on a little, say I've made the correct sized BIOS image, soldered my board, read my old BIOS and written the Xexutor, At this point will my XBox still act exactly as before (obviously not including XBox Live smile.gif )?

Could I flash my old bios back onto the TSOP easily?

Presuming the Xecutor is on, presumably all I have really achieved (all?) is the ability to run unsigned code. I know this is a little OT but how do I then get XBMP/C and EVoX on the XBox?

And finally, am I missing anything?

Many thanks

David

#2 terrorvis

terrorvis

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:21 AM

Hello,

Right, I think I am halfway there.  I have successfully put the 007 raincoat on my box, I can boot the hack, and then telnet to my XBox and start prodding around.

Oh happy day :-)

I also have acquired the XEcutor files 4981.06_256k.bin, 4981.67_256k.bin and make1mb.bat.

I am aware that I have to make th 1MB image depending on my XBox version

My XBox reports (when I run raincoat) a device of 0X00 and a manufacturer of 0X09.

I have _NOT_ yet soldered the motherboard, I intend to do this only when I am happy that I know what I'm doing with the software.

On to my questions:

When I run raincoat, currently it won't allow me to read off my BIOS.  I hoped to do this before soldering the board, but it errors saying Read Only???  Is it possible to read the BIOS without soldering?

No, raincoat can not read your bios without these points enabled.
Which BIOS should I use .06 or .67?

Depends on the size of hard drive you want to put in, see the Nfo in the rar file your bios came in for more details, or search here.

So moving on a little, say I've made the correct sized BIOS image, soldered my board, read my old BIOS and written the Xexutor, At this point will my XBox still act exactly as before (obviously not including XBox Live smile.gif )?

Yes, but now it will run unsigned code.

Could I flash my old bios back onto the TSOP easily?

Yes, you can use the same method to return your xbox to stock.
Presuming the Xecutor is on, presumably all I have really achieved (all?) is the ability to run unsigned code.  I know this is a little OT but how do I then get XBMP/C and EVoX on the XBox?

Yes, all these should work. There are tutorials available for all off these.
And finally, am I missing anything?

Only a search button aparently.

Many thanks

Your welcome.

#3 Billy69

Billy69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:55 AM

Many thanks smile.gif

Only a search button aparently.

Apologies for the questions. I had found tutorials eyc., but as this is my first mod I just wanted to double check I hadn't missed anything before I end up with en expensive doorstop.

David

#4 terrorvis

terrorvis

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

Best of luck with your mod.

#5 NegSol

NegSol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:27 PM

Hi,

Raincoat can read your bios without soldering (to my knowledge). You just have to at some "fake" entries into the .ini.

Flash = 0x0900,"Winbond - W49F020T",0x40000

That did the trick for me. The result was a backup file (using "./raincoat -r backup.bin -v").

But I did not test it, if it was read correctly.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users