mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:$, cars, modifying projects on anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:13 PM

hello, i just modded my xbox, and i am having a problem with flashfxp. i have a 1.0 with an xecuter2.3 pro with evox. i am running windows xp, with one network card, on a MS mn-100 router(xbox compatible, or so they say). when i hook up my xbox to the router, the xbox recognizes the router and changes the ip settings etc. and my computer is online through the router, but i cannot get flashfxp to recognize the xbox. i followed multiple tutorials, and i get the error "connection failed(connection timed out)". i also get this if the xbox is off, so i know it's a computer setting, or something. i can't find a forum that tells how to have the xbox hooked to a router, on a network, while the computer is still online, while using only one network card. any help is welcome

#2 xboxzombie

xboxzombie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:26 PM

you schould be able to go to flashfxp go to quick connect type in the ip that the router asigned to your xbox then type name=xbox password=xbox should connect

#3 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:43 PM

you have everything set to use dhcp?

#4 mrright01

mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:$, cars, modifying projects on anything

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:20 PM

mrRobinson thanks alot for answering my question. it's funny, when you need to find something, you don't know where to look. i tried quick connect a few times, just like other sites/pages said to, but i didn't get a connection. i changed the IP, subnetmask, default gateway, and both dns's to exactally what your pdf said, and it worked the first time. thanks agian for taking time for a dumb question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users