#1 HuddaDudda

HuddaDudda

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:46 PM

My kids decided to play a bit rough with the XBox this weekend and ended up breaking it by droping it off the entertaiment center onto the hardwood floors (making a huge gash it the floor too) - So my XBox is in pieces and on the floor. I think the 200 Gig HD is still ok because it will power up in the new XBox - however I dont have the PW and its locked. My question is:

What do I need to do to transfer the 200G HD from my old XBox to the new one? I dont want to lose all my data and saves, etc.

Can someone help walk me through step by step or direct me to where I can find this info and how to resolve this without going insane? Also a side note to everyone who doesnt have kids - DONT EVER HAVE KIDS! tongue.gif

#2 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:01 PM

Damn kids! tongue.gif

The new Xbox should already be modchipped and working when you want to transfer the hard drive. (EDIT: It should have a BIOS that supports <137 Gb Drives!)

Make sure the 200 Gig drive is unlocked when you take it out, if it was locked before (use configmagic to unlock).

Unplug, put in the new Xbox, plug in. It should work!

Edited by brahm2, 22 February 2004 - 11:02 PM.

#3 xboxmodderr4u

xboxmodderr4u

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:06 PM

Brahm2.. Now with me.....Take a deep breath.. lol.. Kids, if they weren't here than we would be very bored. Actually I think I would get a lot more finished... blink.gif

#4 HuddaDudda

HuddaDudda

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for the tips. However my XBox is not even turning on and worst yet the drive was locked so those damn kids could play their XBox live. So that puts me in quite a perdickerment. Now what should I do? I moved the mod chip into the new XBox (X2 2.3b) and it lights up and works, just flashed it. Cromwell is working nicely. So I am all set for the HD just need to know how to transfer it. I guess I need to figure out how to unlock it and then transfer it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users