• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 snoop01

snoop01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:52 PM

I purchased the new james bond game and am trying to backup the game on DVD+R disc. I have made several backups of other games I own on the same discs I am trying to backup the bond game on. I saw some posts on here about problems playing the game from the hard drive but none of issues playing the game from a disc. I have tried +R's and -R's and neither work, the +R don't get read by the xbox and the -R will boot up and then say that the disc needs to be cleaned. I ftped into the xbox and transfered the files to my pc then made and xiso and put that on the disc. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 tthatfreak

tthatfreak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:02 PM

what program did you use to make your xiso?
&
what program did you use to burn your iso?

#3 Hey_Deez

Hey_Deez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (tthatfreak @ Feb 23 2004, 09:02 PM)
what program did you use to make your xiso?
&
what program did you use to burn your iso?

I would use Nero to burn the ISO and QwikX or something like that to make the ISO. Also, burn at the slowest write speed.

Edited by Hey_Deez, 23 February 2004 - 07:11 PM.

#4 snoop01

snoop01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:41 PM

I used xiso and craxton both to make the xiso's and then nero 6.0 burn image to make the disk. I used the same method on other games and they work perfectly in the xbox.

#5 nickw23

nickw23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:52 PM

I too have the same problem backing up the version I bought. I ftp the files to my PC, use gdfimage, burn with nero at 1x. This method has worked for 20 of my other games. I'm using DVD-R and the game loads the first scene and none of the controls work except pause. It's just Bond standing there getting shot at! Any ideas fellas?

#6 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:18 PM

biggrin.gif Used Isocraxtion 3.1 and burned DVD-R using Recordnow DX at slowest speed and worked perfectly so far. biggrin.gif

#7 snoop01

snoop01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:41 PM

I just used SimpleXiso and burned to a DVD-R and the game will start but after the cut scene at the start of the game when bond starts the training i get the black screen that says there is something wrong with the disc, it may be damaged or dirty press A to continue. Weirdness.

#8 DvS

DvS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:38 PM

Well I am not trying to be an ass but the version you guys "bought" was nuked on many sites for missing files. There is a patch out which allows you to fix this problem. Now if it was your own rip im guessing that some files did not get transfered correctly. i personally always use FXP and just transfer the files to my harddrive on my computer then create an xiso using craxtion. I have honestly never had a single bad backup of games I have.

#9 snoop01

snoop01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:16 AM

I appreciate you not being an "ass", however I physically have the disc for the game and put it in my xbox drive. Like I said I saw the posts earlier about the patch for playing the game from the hard drive but I am having issues playing the game from a DVD disc. I also use FXP, for my ftp client and up till now have had no issues when backing up my games. Any other suggestions besides one stating that I am pirating games?

#10 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:25 AM

Here's a suggestion: post in one of the many existing threads on the topic instead of creating your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users