• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:53 PM

How to flash the TSOP of ANY version xbox using ANY LPC modchip

first thing first, make sure your xbox can boot with the modchip disabled, if you cant youll need to fix it so you can boot with it disabled (this might include checking the d0 soldering, locking the HD and making sure your MS dashbaord files are intact, but i wont get into those details as that is not the focus of this tutorial)

once you have confirmed your xbox will boot with the chip disabled you will need the following items:

Hardware:

an XBOX (duh)
an LPC modchip (double duh)
a sodlering iron (or window defogger repair kit or conductive ink pen)

Software:

MS 4920 dashboard (run a Live game to upgrade, or grab it off a SlaYers installer)
A dashboard font exploit
Evolution-X dashboard
xbeDump.exe
007savewithraincoat.zip
Raincoat .7 (get it Here)
a compatible bios (suggested: evox M7 or x2 4981)

ok, now on with the tutorial

extract the evoxdashboard and put the xbe file into the same directory as xbedump, now open the command prompt and type

C:\XBOX STUFF\xbedump.exe default.xbe -font

substituting the correct path to xbedump on your computer

rename out.xbe to default.xbe (or whatever your font exploit loads) and put it in a different folder, then do the same with the default.xbe out of the 007savewithraincoat.zip, putting the default.xbe (renamed from out.xbe) back into the UDATA\4541000d\000000000000\ folder

put raincoat and raincoat.conf from raincoat .7 into the Udata\4541000d\000000000000\raincoat folder

in evox.ini put this into the menu section:

[Menu]

Section "Root"
{
Item "Flash BIOS",ID_Flash_Bios
Item "Raincoat","E:\UDATA\4541000d\000000000000\default.xbe"
Item "Backup",ID_Backup
Item "Settings",ID_Settings
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off
}

now, open up your xbox,
youll have to determine whether you have a version 1.0/1.1 or 1.2+ (if you already know you can skip this part)

look for where the power supply connects to the motherboard, if it looks like this
IPB Image
then you have a 1.0/1.1

if it looks like this
IPB Image
then you have a 1.2+

for 1.0s and 1.1s you need to remove th emotherboard and solder these points on the top, just put a drop of solder between the 2 points in the circle and these on the bottom, same thing, put a drop of solder between the 2 points
IPB Image

Note: if you have a 1.1 with a sharp TSOP you need some extra steps
Tutorial Here

if you have a 1.2+ you dont need to remove the motherboard, and just solder these 2 sets on top
IPB Image
inside the circles

now boot your xbox with the chip enabled to load evox (or any dashboard that allows FTP access) backup C:\Fonts to your PC and FTP the eploit .xtf files to that folder, overwriting the existing files

FTP the evox default.xbe and evox.ini to wherever your exploit loads it from (usually C:\default.xbe or C:\Fonts\default.xbe)

FTP the Udata folder from the 007save to E:\ confirm any overwrites

FTP whatever bios you want to use to C:\Bios (or C:\Fonts\Bios)

WITHOUT UNPLUGGING THE XBOX OR REMOVING THE MODCHIP reboot the xbox with the chip disabled, it should load into evox, select Flash Bios and select the bios you FTP'd to C:\Bios it will bring up another screen, if it says Manf 0x09 Dev 0x00 you need to check your soldering, anything else hit Y to flash

it will flash, then shut down, and your all done

if it hangs on Erasing youll need to FTP the bios to E:\Udata\4541000d\000000000000\raincoat\ and select raincoat from the evox menu

now you can either connect with Telnet, or if you have a USB keybaord you can use with your xbox that will work as well

for Telnet make sure your PC is ont eh 192.168.0.* IP range and type Telnet 192.168.0.64 at the Run command, it will connect to the xbox

Login: root
Password: xbox

for keyboard simply plug it in and hit any key to bring up the Linux command prompt

now type cd ../../media/E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat

and then ./raincoat -p <<bios name>>.bin (where <<bios name>> is the name of the bios you FTP'd)

and now your done

Special Thanks: sharpie00, Exobex, A@ron, Team Xecuter, Team Evox, Xbox-Linux, all the other exploit teams/groups and all the scene members who pics i jacked

To all: feel free to post any comments and suggestions here, if anything isn't clear I'll try my best to expand on that area of the tutorial

*EDIT by StrictPuppet* updated some bad image links

Edited by StrictPuppet, 03 December 2007 - 12:00 AM.

#2 BaDvs3viL

BaDvs3viL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:XBOX :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:01 AM

Very Nice Buddy.......

Hope this gets put into the tutorial section......

biggrin.gif

#3 anu|b|iss

anu|b|iss

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:xbox, martial arts,soldering, xbox, girlfriend, work and eat, sleep, followed by xbox and a shower.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:07 AM

According to another tutorial I read there is another jumper on the bottom of the board for 1.2+ xboxs that should be soldered, a friend of mine wanted to flash his TSOP but didn't want to do the soldering so I did it for him and gave him back the box, he then later decided to go with a chip but left the points soldered. I had this additional jumper on the underside soldered as well but his box behaves normally, do you know the significance of that jumper?

(BTW I'm refering to the tutorial on xbox-scene's tutorial section)

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:13 AM

its identical to the second jumper on the top of the motherboard (the top one in the picture) so you dont need both, and its easier to not have to remove the motherboard, so i say just do the ones on top, lol

#5 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:14 AM

that jumper you speak of is the same as the one on top. They are vias (port holes through a motherboard) of the top points. If you would like to test this you can use a multimeter or even cover one of the back "points" and then hold the board up to a bright light and you'll see that no light comes through one hole, which is a via to the normal write enable points.

A@ron

#6 anu|b|iss

anu|b|iss

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:xbox, martial arts,soldering, xbox, girlfriend, work and eat, sleep, followed by xbox and a shower.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:38 AM

So then why include the botton jumper in the tutorial?

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:50 AM

because whoever wrote didnt realize they were the same points

#8 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:23 AM

for the second time today I reiterate my statement that I hate misinformation... its more destructive then no information and it misleads the masses and then we get several help threads.

A@ron

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:54 AM

yeah, i PMed lookformeb about a week or 2 ago about how the write enable points for 1.2+ and the hsarp TSOP were the 2 biggest sources of misinformation in the TSOP forums, we really need to edit the uninformed or underinformed tutorials

#10 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:34 AM

I agree. Misinformation is definitely more dangerous than no information. How many clowns have added
Flash=0x0900,"Winbond W49F020",0x40000 to their raincoat.conf then wondered why they still can't flash, or worse why their box FRAGs after flashing?

Edited by Exobex, 24 February 2004 - 07:34 AM.

#11 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:22 AM

Added to the pinned collection. Good job! smile.gif

#12 corn3y

corn3y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:03 PM

hi there...

im doing something wrong here.. ive been following this tut. but when i reboot the xbox with my mod chip turned off so i can flash the tsop i get a blank screen on my tv and a nice little disco light blinking orange-red-green. not sure what im doing wrong here..

can someone plz help me before i start trashing my place =)

this hole thing is making me feel stupid..

/peace out
corn3y

#13 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:16 PM

well, it could be that you have aSHarp TSOP (they dont boot with th pints bridged) or your modchip isnt installed right and d0 is grounding out

#14 corn3y

corn3y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:07 PM

hmm well the modchip works fine when switched on.

and when i ftp back the orginal msdash and lock the hd the xbox boots fine into msdash with the modchip switched off (its a akira modchip .. tho that shouldnt really matter witch one it is)..

i checked the tsop and its a w 49F020T-90B so that makes it a winbound chip.
i think =)....

not sure what im doing wrong.. plz more help .. i beg ya =)

peace out
/corn3y

#15 corn3y

corn3y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 08:40 AM

well now i got it to boot into evox.. i was using the "Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie" font exploit but that didnt work.. so now im using the "bigfonts25" and that got me onto evox.. i cant flash my chip from within evox.. so i have to load up raincoat..

ive checked the path in my evox.ini and its right.. but when i choose to launch raincoat from the evox menu it just locksup.. it comes as fare as the evox loading screen but then it stops there..

what am i doing wrong? ... man this has been a late night for me.. =/

EDIT: i checked to be sure that i hade used xbedump -font on the raincoat.xbe file. if i dont use the xbedump i just get error 21 (ofc)... and with the xbedump -font it locksup my xbox. ive been looking/reading in the forums all over the place.. but cant find anyone with the same problem.. or i just dont know what to look for.

plz people help if ya can.. im going mad here =)

Edited by corn3y, 06 March 2004 - 12:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users