FlashKick

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:18 PM

why use raincoat.07 and waste more time/effort by telneting to your pc when you can just use the eurasia flash 'disc' instead? you don't have to use it as a disc but since there's no download link for the actual files instead of the iso you're going to have to rip it someway and transfer the files to your computer(unless someone put the actaul files to this online somewhere).

after that, just sign the xbe of the ripped eurasia disc with the font exploit setting with xbedump and use this instead of raincoat 07.
only downside is it's based on raincoat 05 so i'm guessing you're going to have to make sure your bios sizes are correct, but that's no problem since that's how it is with evox anyway and still less of a hassle than hooking up your xbox to your machine to flash.

#33 vokal4

vokal4

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

lordvader, which font exploit do you recommend, im looking in *the usual places' ftp* (heh) and theres several. im curious as to which i should pick and which you used.

#34 FlashKick

FlashKick

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:58 AM

i used bigfont25 or something and it works good all the time

#35 vokal4

vokal4

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:39 AM

k thnx

#36 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:54 AM

Quote:

"now boot your xbox with the chip enabled to load evox (or any dashboard that allows FTP access) backup C:\Fonts to your PC and FTP the eploit .xtf files to that folder, overwriting the existing files:

Ok, I back up the Fonts folder to my PC, then I copy my fonts over to the Fonts foolder on the XBOX, but what do I name the fonts, and what font package should I use on a 1.5 XBOX?

"FTP the evox default.xbe and evox.ini to wherever your exploit loads it from (usually C:\default.xbe or C:\Fonts\default.xbe)"

How do I know where my Font exploit wants the file default.xbe file?

#37 Tadango

Tadango

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

What about the 5713 kernel? This trick won't work then wink.gif Hotswap modchip won't work?

#38 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

Nagh I got it. I'm going to put up a VERY simple tutorial on my page.

Buy Agent Under Fire (old version to be safe)
Download 007 hack with raincoat.
Download Raincoast 7, copy the raincoat and raincoat.config files over the old ones from the 007+Raincoat kit.
run XBEdump on the Raincoat XBE using the -habibi command.
Solder your two points according to which board you have (using LordVader's GUide).
Copy 007 save to your hard drive.
Boot 007, load game save, telnet in, back up BIOS, flash bios, reboot and your done.

No FONTS NEEDED! smile.gif

#39 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:39 AM

that tutorial has already been written, mine is for epopel who cant find a working copy of any exploitable games in their area

@Tadango

hotswapping wont work (i assume you mean boot with modchip then remove it or disable it) because once the xbox boots the LPC it will always look to teh LPC for the bios, so youll only be able to flash your modchip, not the TSOP, if you have one of those shitty kernels youll need to use a gamesave exploit (or a 29-wire modchip)

#40 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:20 AM

I did not understand your tutorial in the least bit. No offence.
It did not tell me what FONT pack to use, because I read a lot of stuff in the forums about certain FONT packs not working with certain model XBOX's, also in your tutorial you stated that I would need to back up my fonts directory on the PC, then copy my hacked ones over and let them overwrite the old ones?

Well I downloaded all the Font packs I could find off XBINS and none of them shared a commen name with the fonts already in the directory.

Also if you are not using a copy of 007, then what is the point of having the 007 game save in place at all? Or are you just suggesting that so that the person has easy acess to the Raincoat Default.xbe?

Finanally, I don't understand how you could possibly boot into Evox after merely copying those files over unless that hacked Font trick is supposed to do it for you. I dunno, I'm not familiar at all with the Font exploit.
Perhaps if you could elaberate a bit more on the subject I may have a means to correct my apparently corrupted TSOP on my 3rd XBOX.

#41 Tadango

Tadango

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:32 PM

007 works perfect wink.gif I used my own linux + raincoat pack which flashes directly afther booting, so no telnet required wink.gif Signing with -audio worked fine on the 5713 kernel. I used a mod chip (X-B.i.t) to transfer the savegame to UDATA. 007auf from the classics series in the DVD drive and that's it smile.gif

#42 blackout_19

blackout_19

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

Just wanted to say that I flashed my first tsop with this tutorial today. I've done dozens of modchip installs, and had a spare xbox lying around. Thought i'd give it a go.

I used the bert and ernie reloaded and evox 3921. So anyone who said that these items were the cause of their problems would appear to have other issues.

Thanks again to everyone involved in getting this tutorial sorted.

#43 faramisimo

faramisimo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:40 AM

ok here is what i have done.

downloaded the evox dashboard
downloaded a font exploit
downloaded the 007 with raincoat
downloaded the .7 raincoat
downloaded a bios X2.4983.BIOS

identified my xbox ( 1.0/1.1 )
soldered the 2 jumper points

moded the evox.ini
xbedumped the evox's evoxdash.xbe
xbedumped the 007+raincoar's DEFAULT.XBE

placed the raincoat and the raincoat.conf into ( Udata\4541000d\000000000000\raincoat folder )

ran xbox inserted the slayes cd to enable ftp support.

ftp'ed the Udata folder to e drive over written everything else
ftp'ed the bios to c:\bios
ftp'ed the evoxdash.xbe to c:\ along with the evox.ini

.xtf files were first entered in the font folder guessing that this is what u ment by "FTP the eploit .xtf files to that folder, overwriting the existing files
"
that didnt work. so i read some more and somome mentioned that they renamed the .xtf files to the existsing files. (2 files. )
after doing so i restarted the xbox it almost boots up the ms dash loads up for a split second then gives the service warning message

i downloaded the older version of the evoxdash and attempted this. left with the same results
attempted different font exploites such as bert and earnie reloaded, double dash and bigfont25.
am i interperting the instructions differently? dry.gif
am i missing something ? uhh.gif
did i do something wrong? unsure.gif
help sad.gif

#44 boowhup

boowhup

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:55 PM

A few things you might need to do (I have just follwed this exact method, works a treat)

REname the evoxdash to default.xbe in youre C:\ directory. from what I understand the exploits load default.xbe in you're C:\ root dir.

I used bigfonts25, put bert and ernie in C:\fonts, then renamed the original font files to .xft (left them in C:\fonts) I didn't bother backing up etc, but I have enough box's and chip's lying around to sort myself out (And I had already unlocked and relocked the HD with config magic so I new if worst came to worse I could figure something out).

From what I could tell it doesn't matter where you put raincoat , I tried it in a few diff places, so Long as you can get to it from evox (put the right path in the ini) From what I gather it needed to be in the udata/xxx/0000/xx whatever directory so it could be accessed by a memory card or some such thing, but since this method doesnt necessarily use the memcard technique at all then it;s ok.

From youre description it sounds like the hack is loading (almost loading msdahboard) , but then service warning , I'm fairly sure it's because of the evoxdash.xbe not being called default.xbe , but I could be mistaken - Make a copy of it and rename the copy default.xbe, won't hurt to have a signed evoxdash.xbe as well I guess)

*** THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY, IT MIGHT PAY TO WAIT FOR OTHERS TO COMMENT BEFORE YOU DAMAGE YOU'RE XBOX FURTHER *** If anyone sees flaw in what I've said please feel free to comment.

#45 CATT

CATT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

Ok Faramisimo.....just flashed 2 ..a hynix with 1mb and a winbond with 256

USED BERT AND ERNIE RELOADED

You place the bios.bin in the raincoat folder

i also put an evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe in the font folder for good measure

on the winbond fitted xbox i got an error 21 on reeboot with the chip disabled
so what i did was replace the 2 folders for xbox live with slayers from his disc
cant remember what folder they r located but if u browse the disc you will find them

after doing this i rebooted with the chip turned off and it went to the raicoat option
..did the rest of the tut and it worked

Folders that need replaced to fix error 21 are xodash and xboxdashdata

a tip when using telnet "make sure u type it exactly as seen"
i didnt leave a space between cd and the ../
started to panic lol

Edited by CATT, 22 July 2004 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users