LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:21 AM

well i was thinking about this so i must ask.

i know by reading the X2 bios read me files,, that it says it supports unlocked hard drives,,

so,, will using that series of bios's allow the TSOP flash method to use unlocked hard drives or hard drive swaps ?

i know you can now remove the xbox dvd without having the xbox nonboot issue.

so can you remove the hard drive or have a non formatted hard drive in it,, then use something like slayers to format and install the stuff?

im thinking no,, but i havent tried it,, nor have i seen anything here to say yes or no.

#2 manatarms25

manatarms25

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:34 AM

yup the tsop flash with the proper bios will support unlocked hard drives just like a mod chip.
and yes you can use slayers or evox hdd installer and format your drive for the xbox, if you have the disc in the dvd-rom 1st. The xbox will try and boot the disc in the dvd-rom before it looks at the hard drive smile.gif

#3 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:39 AM

excellent thank you manatarms!!

i pretty much figured but i didnt know since a chip can do more than a tsop.

btw how is Tela and He-Man,,,, and battlecat ?
btw #2 - i HATE the new he-man!! s t u p i d they have ruined my beloved he-man that i loved so much as a boy. they even ruined GreySkull!! that poor castle.
i still remember when i got my mossman action figure,, for months after taking him out of the package he still smelled like an evergreen car air freshner. lol. i guess thats better then smelling like moldy moss.! (funny,, he was the ONLY character that they gave a scent,, as far as i know)

#4 manatarms25

manatarms25

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:44 AM

np the only thing a mod chip can do extra is they can have a on and off switch and some can hold multi-bios's smile.gif but if you are really good with TSOP's (1mb) you can do the same smile.gif

btw #2 - i HATE the new he-man!! s t u p i d they have ruined my beloved he-man that i loved so much as a boy. they even ruined GreySkull!! that poor castle.
For the most part I agree but there are some that are cool (beastman, whiplash etc.)

P.S.
Stinkor also smells that was his attack he looks and smells like a snunk!! (mine still smells)

I love these figures I almost have all the old and new ones smile.gif

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:14 AM

oooh, yeah, i have that stinkor (skunkor) figure too, still smells like ass, lol

#6 BaDvs3viL

BaDvs3viL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:XBOX :P

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:01 PM

i pretty much figured but i didnt know since a chip can do more than a tsop.

A chip can only do one thing that a TSOP cant...which is turn off so you can play live....Thats it....All the rest of the "cool" features are all int he bios.....

I have alot of lil comments today.....

:|

#7 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

skunkor lol sheesh i forgot about that guy glad i never got him

yeah i had all of the figures and vehicles too.

until one day when i was in my early 20's and long since moved out of the house i asked my mom where they had went,, and she said oh i gave them to your nephew,, i was like MOOOMMM!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!! he dont even like He-Man toys..

and that was the last i ever heard of them.

are the originals worth anything ?

#8 ShirakoDX

ShirakoDX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hello, I think my Xbox hard drive is dead...because I really cannot do anything with it now...i was trying to get my dashboard working again and right now my pc will not read the drive I have hotswapped it correctly and everything, it just doesnt read...I have decided it may be best to just start with a new drive. I have the original Xbox with an xecuter2 modchip... I am seeking one of two things, either information on whether or not this modchip supports unlocked drives, or a tool which i can get the code from my Xbox motherboard and then use it for the drive I choose to use. I understand there is a such tool, but I am no good with making circuits so I was wondering if there was a place you can purchase the tools. If the xecuter2 modchip can handle unlocked drives...can someone point me in the correct direction toward getting to that...then I may just...somehow...format this hard drive currently in my Xbox and use it again..if that will get rid of the lock and all the files i have been unable to delete with xplorer360. I am not seeking tools to get this hard drive to read...I want to either ditch it or format it completely and start new, unless there is a way to format it and still keep the little lock thing. I am also willing to send the Xbox off for repairs, if anyone is willing to do that...and can pay them to do it....its not really my favorite option, but if it means this overhauled Xbox gets back up and running, I'll do it. This Xbox has already gone through a hard drive upgrade, i believe, because its a 160 gig drive, and if I remember right, the stock drive is only 8 gigs. if it comes down to it, I have an 80 gig I can use instead..I would rather the 160, but any is better than nothing.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I revived an old thread...This was just the only place I saw people discussing the xecuter2 chip and unlocked drive support. any information would be appreciated.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Idiot.

Start a new thread, in the newbie section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users