Idiot Newbie Successfully Installs Xbit
Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:45 AM
I only ran into 2 problems:
1. USB flashing didn't work with my Nforce2 board. It starts, but locks up quickly. I used a friend's laptop for the flashing.
2. Xbox -> PC FTP is fast (10 MB/s), but PC -> Xbox was slow. I changed to 100 Mbit half duplex, no effect. I switched from FileZilla FTP to the built-in IE FTP (through My Network Connections), and this seems to have fixed the problem.
Overall, very easy. I love all the software provided by X-Disk, and I even managed to crash Avalaunch by FTPing, Qwixing, and looking at the Xbox menus at the same time . Now I'm sending over some Roms and videos. Just thought I'd point out that it is possible for a newbie to learn and install a solderless modchip pretty easily. But dear lord does soldering to that D0 point look hard .
Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:07 AM
Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:06 AM
My tips (wich you can find all over the place )
1. Scrape the d0 and the lpc's
2. throw out the spacer (or atleast put it away )
3. use the screw that comes with the xbox
works like a charm
and www.modchipman.com rewls
(4 days from it was shipped to i had it in my hands)
Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:55 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users