5 replies to this topic

#1 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hey i just dropped a 2.3b lite into a new XBOX and it boots fine with the chip disabled, but when it is enabled it turns on with no video output then opens the DVD tray.

I tried with the standard a/v cable and an rg modulator and still the same results - NOTHING!

When the disk opened last time i put a bios disk that i've been using for a while (All successful) in and then when i booted with the chip on it fragged. I put a new chip in that still spits the tray out, but i'm not going to put my bios disk in again until i hear from you guys.

thanks in advance

#2 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:09 PM

My apoligies.. i'm reading the tutorial now!!

#3 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:29 PM

OK, i think i've hit another stumbling block.

I followed the steps to make the flashbios cd (nero -> new -> cd iso -> move files over -> burn.

I boot the xbox, it spits out the tray, i put in the flashbios cd and still nothing happens. I waited a few minutes and it wasn't doing anything. So i turned it off, then on again, with the same results!?

#4 gsxrpilot

gsxrpilot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:41 PM

I tried the same thing with sever different media and no luck. Finally had to take the whole thing apart and connect the LPT Flash with the pro directly to my laptop (any extension I used was too long. By the 1.5's are not compatible with the BIOS that comes with the chips that is why you have to flash.

#5 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:04 PM

You have to flash even with an older version unless you are content with the flashbios purple screen.

It was totally my stupidiity. This was the first new version i'd done, and i was using an older bios that had worked for my previous installs (4977). I set up a 4981 disc and things went super smooth from there.

chalk that one up to a learning experience i guess!

#6 gnutellafan

gnutellafan

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:11 PM

hmm, xbox newb that doesnt even know why his 1.5 xbox doesnt show vid with cromwell is offering xbox mods??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users