1 reply to this topic

#1 namzuf9

namzuf9

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

I'm a complete newb to the xbox (I only bought one yesterday) and need some help with my clock loop problem.
I have used the bert and ernie font exploit via hotswapping and it worked fine. I ftp'ed in and thankfully saved the hddinfo.txt that was created by using the backup option in evox. While hotswapping I also saved a image of my hdd using hdd driver.
Now I know you can unlock and disable the protection in dos but is there anyway I can use my original backup to restore my xbox to its original state?
I'm hoping that I can unlock and disable the protection on my drive and then use hdd driver to restore the backup. What I'm not sure on is if hdd driver will recongnise my hdd as a xbox drive if the protection is disabled.
I have been stuck in the clock loop for about 3 hours now and I have have tried using a scracthed audio CD (Britney Spears, my gf will freak cool.gif ) and plugging/unplugging the cat5 cable at verious stages in the boot process.
Any help or advice would be appeciated.
Cheers smile.gif

#2 namzuf9

namzuf9

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

Well thank feck for that backup in evox!
Using the HDD key it gave me I unlocked my drive using unlockx on a dos boot floppy.
After booting back into windoze XP I found that HDD Driver still reconised it as a xbox drive and restored my backup. A quick boot of my xbox proved that I was succesful so I've unlocked again and I'm gonna exploit the bitch once more!

I suppose I should of just edited my first post but feck it I'm excited, sue me ph34r.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users