#1 Stryker112

Stryker112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:51 AM

Ok, I konw the live update problem has been played out. I have tried repeatedly and to no avail. My dash will not update. I still come up with the usual "Unable to continue due to technical difficulties. Please try again later." Yes I know this is not new. I am running xecuter 4981 bios, and i am not banned, i play on live all the time, just can't update the dash. I am curious I have heard rumors of games updating people's dashes. I have heard only 1 person say a game updated their dash after this problem. I have tried unhooking my router and directly updating but that does not solve the problem either. I am curious as to if not having the live dash will eventually affect gameplay. If anyone knows of any games with the dash update please let me know i know some games contain the file dashupdate.xbe, don't konw if that's the same thing, but anyone please let me here what you think. Thanks.

#2 valius

valius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:08 PM

Can you play your live games on live with the chip off ok?

#3 Stryker112

Stryker112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:54 PM

All of my live games run fine with the chip off, i can connect and everything, it just won't let me update the dash.

#4 valius

valius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:52 PM

It gave me the same error you have once while updating, I just kept trying & after a few tries it worked.

Keep at it hope it turns out alright for you.

P.S. don't think the dash update will affect your gameplay, you just wont be able to use the new dash features as the are updated.

#5 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

even after i did a dash update and it worked when i put in mechassault it did another dash update so try that game.

On a side note when i first updated to 4981 (on one xbox, others have gone flawless) all the sudden my C drive said it was 30mb or some such small number compared to what it should be. I chalked it up as a bios flash that hosed my partition tables somehow... after a re format and re install all went well.

#6 Stryker112

Stryker112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:20 AM

i know it's not the 4981 doing it because i was previously running an evox bios and reflashed yesterday, and even with the old bios it did not update, one of my friends on the same floor of my dorm has mechassault so i'll give that a try.

#7 wkennedy

wkennedy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:40 PM

I had the same issue, read this thread and went through all my Live games. The older ones seem to divert to the dashboard to run the update. Top Spin ran an update from the disc,then it went to the dashboard and updated fine smile.gif Yay!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users