• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KAGE13

KAGE13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:37 PM

Anyone know how to do this? my xbox is connected, and my computer is connected, but they can't see each other. i'm using windows XP, and I have FlashFXP.

Is there a windows setting somewhere that i've missed?

#2 DeltaTau

DeltaTau

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

find out the IP of your xbox and use FlashFXP to ftp into it

#3 Biniecki

Biniecki

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:29 PM

ya im also using xp and have everythin connected thru a router and as long as u know the IP of the xbox u can connect to it using FlashFXP with no problem and if u didnt know the username and password are both xbox

#4 KAGE13

KAGE13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:55 AM

I've tried that and I've used FlashFXP and it won't find the x-box.

is there some kinda windows setting. I've even tied to see my other computer, and my main computer won't see that one either. but I was able to FTP to another site.

there has to be some kinda setting i've missed.

#5 Biniecki

Biniecki

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:59 AM

u may want to try and turn off the firewall provided by MS in XP on the ethernet connection. This firewall seems to cause many problems and u dont really need it if u have a router like a linksys that has its own built in firewall

#6 KAGE13

KAGE13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

thought of that too. its off still doesn't work. maybe I should just rebuild my computer. why would it work for everyone else and not for me?

I even tried the crossover cable thing. the lights on my nic card and the x-box won't even come on when I try that.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:41 PM

Just a thought is your NIC (network card) intergrated into the motherboard if so is it turned offf in the bios???

#8 DeltaTau

DeltaTau

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:42 PM

do you know the IP of your xbox? from the sounds of your post you are trying to "see the box" kind of like viewing another computer on your netowrk, this doenst work the same way you need to specify the IP address and username and password in flashFXP, depending on your router it should be something like 192.168.1.101 or something like that

#9 t0ken

t0ken

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:49 PM

Make sure that an IP address is being assigned to your xbox. Are you using a static ip address or are you letting it get assigned for you? If it is showing an ip of 0.0.0.0 or blank then the xbox is saying that it can't find a connection.

#10 raddav

raddav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:33 AM

Slightly off the topic but is anybody running Zonealarm Pro with a router. I can connect to my Xbox with Flash FXP only if Zonealarm is turned off. I have told Zonealarm program control to allow Flash FXp to access thru the router, it connects but times out after a while when finishing the connection process.

Any idea's?

#11 KAGE13

KAGE13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

I got it to work, I went into the TCp/IP settings and had it look for an IP address that was one number above the x-box setting. So if my X-BOX IP was 192.168.0.2
then I set my PC to look for 192.168.0.3. and that worked. It even works with a HUB. I thought it was only suppose to work with a router?

now i'm stuck on the next step, what files go where?

KAGE

#12 oblox

oblox

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:40 PM

Nope it will work through anything aslong as you get the IP's/subnet addresses right in your network

#13 Xboxer101

Xboxer101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:41 AM

Im having trouble connecting to xbox live using my linksys router, im wondering if maybe it is a firewall,can anyone tell me how to disable this firewall built into the linksys router?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users