• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hybridcivic182

hybridcivic182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:53 PM

The X2.2 Lite in my opinion was the BEST DAMN CHIP to hit the market. It was easy to install and seemed to work everytime with any problems. So with this in mind i decided to give the 2.3b Lite a chance and found myself thinking ... what the hell happened to this once "quality" brand??

Here is how it goes:
i run a small mod business in my hometown but the last few months i have been doing my installs with cheapmods like the aladdin and the apple ( both good chips btw ) but here recently a few clients requested the new X2.* chip so i said sure its a good chip and ordered 4 of them from mods4less.com

come to find out it took them a damn 2 weeks to ship a whole 4 chips and when they finally came i decided to check them out and found that they chips did'nt even come with the usb power piece, or the 2nd ground piece. but i said ohh well i can just solder a power and ground into the LPC and things will work fine. So with this done (because i've done it a good many times) i installed the chip and fired it up. First time was great so i threw in my DVD with the "new bios" that i wanted to flash the chip with and things went great. So this was a friday night and i decided to do the other 3 boxes on saturday night. So i when saturday night came around i did the same to the next xbox and when the cromwell came up i threw in my DVD again and after the flash, when i went to turn it back on the chip frag'd. I was like .. huh i know my d0 was good so i checked my wires again and things seemed to be ok, but then when i tried bank b on the X2.3b it came up with cromwell again and i attempted to flash again, and when it came back on the cromwell just came up again .. so i soon figured that i was flashing with a 512 bios and decided that obviously the first bank was going to be reflashed over and over but it still fragged so i then did a little experiment and flashed - from bank b - the chip with a 1mb bios and once it flashed and i turned it back on it was just frag'n like the bank a when i did the first flash with the 512 bios. So then i thought well maybe this chip is just bad because the night before the X2.3b lite worked 100%. But i soon found that the other 2 chips i tried that saturday night also did the same thing. I know it cannot be my bios disc because i then flashed my aladdin advance with the same bin file i had been using for the last year. Bottom line here is that I got 3 bad X2.3b Lite chips and i am very upset at the quality here and am not sure what to do with these chips ..

#2 Chunking

Chunking

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

Wait I'm confused... The 2.3bs went back to the old design which removed the USB power cable and second ground wire. The first x2.3s had that design you mentioned. So are you working with a 2.3 or 2.3b and what bios are you trying to flash with?

#3 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (hybridcivic182 @ Feb 25 2004, 05:53 PM)
come to find out it took them a damn 2 weeks to ship a whole 4 chips and when they finally came i decided to check them out and found that they chips did'nt even come with the usb power piece, or the 2nd ground piece.

2.3b does not use the usb adapter or the extra ground. they did away with these features as there were too many problems.

#4 futbol4kee

futbol4kee

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:29 PM

chips did'nt even come with the usb power piece, or the 2nd ground piece.

ya buddy they did away with those and now it just gets its power from the lpc.

#5 hybridcivic182

hybridcivic182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:00 PM

OKOK sorry i just found this out myself that the X2.3b Lite does not have the extra piece and that is good. Back to my original problem does anyone have any idea why this may be?

#6 RandomX

RandomX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:30 PM

Sorry I cannot answer your problem. I can only add to it by telling you that I have the exact same problem with two of the seven I have. I only tried two so far and both have acted identical to yours. I am only telling you this because I thought you would be interested to know you are not alone and that it is true the x2.3b lite is a failure. grr.gif I too have installed a x2.2 lite in my other box and flashed it with the same bios cd I am trying to use for the x2.3b lite.

Sorry,
X

#7 afon

afon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:48 PM

i hate to admit it..but its happening to me too.
dry.gif

#8 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:41 AM

try using the programmer. that should help. i had one that was fragging on me with a good install. i used the programmer to do the bios and it works fine. try that and see what happens.

#9 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

Check the bios version. This has come up a lot on v1.4 and v1.5 xboxs. You need to use 4979 or newer on the new versions. Your problem is exactly what happens if you try to use, 4977 for example, on a v1.5 xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users