15 replies to this topic

#1 lobo

lobo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 07:01 AM

ok first off i'm totally confused sad.gif
when i got my ps1 along time ago all i had todo was ring up someone and they would come over install a lil chip and bob's your uncle i was
off playin in no time.

but with the xbox it seem moddin has turned into a whole new diffrent ball game.

bios updates backed up games oh h/d all diffrent kinds of mod chips ect

i sure some of u tech heads love it but to me its pretty much a waste of time.

anyway enough ranting laugh.gif

i just want my xbox to be able to play imported games/backed up games and maybe that hard drive back up thingy(sounds pretty neat)
what do u guys suggest i get to acomplish this?

what i've read so far is that the matrix mod chip is the way togo but unfortuantly were i live (australia) all i seem to see is the evo-x chip and xecuter2 bio update for sale,they anygood?

btw the xbox is basicly just to play one player games i don't intend to get it on the net(thats if aus ever gets xbox net biggrin.gif ) i still love my pc mmorpg's.i wont be manualy installing this chip either i think i leave it to the professionals smile.gif

thanks in advance beerchug.gif

#2 lobo

lobo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:33 PM

/bump

#3 knowledgeiv

knowledgeiv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:46 PM

I suggest the matrix. Check out the buy/sell/trade section. Spotted Horse ships worldwide and there is this other guy taking up orders just for Aus.

#4 cyrusuncc

cyrusuncc

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:55 PM

if your not going to install it yourself, and not going to go on xbox live, then it really doesn't matter which chip you get. Just don't get one of the really old ones like Xtender or Enigmah, as those don't support the larger hard drives.

#5 Pandoriaantje

Pandoriaantje

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2002 - 05:05 PM

i suggest you start reading about the diff modchips and learn about them and also go over the tutorial about changing your hdd.

about the playstation, there are in fact also different modchips for the ps but not many seem to know, it's all about what bios is loaded on the chip... (you have normal bioses and stealth bioses for the playstation and ps1, by this i don't mean there are only 2 versions...)

it's not about the chip, it's all about the code and it's features....
it's up to you what features you need/want....

Edited by Pandoriaantje, 14 December 2002 - 05:05 PM.

#6 MrEs

MrEs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2002 - 02:22 AM

i feel sorry for you, australia is one fucked u place to be in for xbox modding (i live in melb).
the "evox" chip is pretty shit but it will definatly do what u want. it will let u play copied game and put in a bigger HDD. but i hate the fact that it only coists them $AU12 to make and they charge $AU140 for it!! grrr

id recommend u buy a real modchip (online) like the X2-lite and just get sombody to solder it in for you. they'll usually do it for $AU50

so it ends up costing about $160 but its a hell of alot better.

#7 lobo

lobo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 07:16 AM

thanks all for the help

i'm from melb to
were abouts do u get your chips done?

#8 vyan28

vyan28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 07:28 AM

if you get a matrix, you can do it yourself!!! it's a solderless modchip and i recommend you to get that chip if you have no experience in soldering. But getting the matrix chip, it takes longer to install because you have to flash it before installing. TO run games without burning into a dvdr, you can just copy games to your hdd and play it from there! for more info, read the tutorials!

anyways... hey PAN.. what does l33t stand for?

Edited by vyan28, 16 December 2002 - 07:29 AM.

#9 xboxing

xboxing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 09:22 AM

get a matrix brought in to AUS for you, i live in NZ and got a couple, for a friend and i, no worries to put in yourself, will do everything you want, and you can update them.... SWEET

i got mine from easybuy2000, less than two weeks later, baddabing

#10 lobo

lobo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 03:38 PM

yeh the matrix is proberly the way to go i still not sure about doin it my self i read that review on it, its seemed pretty straight forward but i have trouble installing graffic cards ohmy.gif

the flash upgrade looks kinda tricky

also about the harddrive
anyone got anyidea what size the xbox hard drive is?
what size are most games?
should i just buy a new hd before i bother with that stuff or the xbox hd will be fine for starters?
what kind of h/d works with xbox the best?

also how do i find oout what verion my xbox is?
does it matter?

sorry about all these questions i got tones more but i trying to find answers on sites before i waste anyones time

BTW halo rocks my world ,finished it twice once solo and once with a mate.if only it had multiplayer bots then my world would be complete rotfl.gif

anyone got any good recommendations for games i got deathrow,jet set,gt 2002 and halo,does xbox have any double dragon,final fight type games ? what i'd give to play haggar and do a acouple of urber pile drivers (been so long) ohmy.gif
mmmmmm final fight

beerchug.gif

#11 Al_Ghazi

Al_Ghazi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 05:25 PM

X-2 is what I am going to get. - You migth be able to solder it yourself, read up on the tutorials and see what you think.

gaz.

#12 hand_of_LAW

hand_of_LAW

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 December 2002 - 06:22 PM

http://www.matrixmodchip.com <----- located in Qld

i'm in melb. as well, got my matrix from these guys a month ago, all is sweet !

D.

#13 vyan28

vyan28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:33 AM

what does l33t stand for?

or what does it mean?

Pan's avatar says:

"im born l33t"?

#14 lobo

lobo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 04:12 AM

cool thx for the link

Leet means elite(in urber talk or something lol)

1337!

#15 hibbidiji

hibbidiji

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 01:21 AM

l33t is usually LEET or ELEET, or as it's REALLY written Elite It's kinda an "I'm better" kinda thing.

enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users