• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 club8

club8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:19 PM

I have a xbox version 1.0 and a thompson cd drive, I am having problems with my disc. I used fugifilm dvdr i put the latest bios of evox on their and i put the bios in iso and i burned it with the latest nero buring program and the disc still wont work on my xbox, any help would be greatful to me for solving tjis problem. uhh.gif sad.gif

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:38 PM

verbatim and sony works on a thomson

#3 gr8fuldea

gr8fuldea

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:33 PM

Hold on a second club8:

You are combining 2 different things as one here.

1) You heading says burning a "boot disk"
2) You refer to the latest version of EvoX BIOS on the disk you are trying

Here's the facts to straighten you out:

A boot disk is a disk with which you will boot the modified xbox using a version of the EvolutionX DASHBOARD (ie evox Dashboard). A BIOS disk is a disk that you will use to install a bios different then the default Cromwell BIOS onto your modchip so the XBox will boot with the modchip.

That being said, here are the differences:

When burning the BIOS disk you DO NOT put the bios.bin file into xiso format. Simply burn it along with a dummy file at least 50MB in size to a disk (DVDR will work, so will alot of brands of CD-RW). When you burn the Boot disk you WILL need to put all the evolutionX dashboard files and folders into xiso format before burning the disk (no dummy file needed). The boot disk will allow you to get ftp access to the XBox so you can transfer all the dashboard files and evox.ini to the xbox hard drive so it will boot into EvoultionX dashboard when using the modchip (if that's what you desire to do). You DO NOT need EvolutionX dashboard however if you don't want it. The modchip alone with a BIOS installed on it will allow you to boot back-up games all by itself when the modchip is on. The EvolutionX dashboard gives you the convience of installing additional apllications to the XBox and easily running them, or backing up a game and ftping the files to the computer for burning, etc.

#4 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:24 PM

put the latest bios of evox on their and i put the bios in iso

MAN! i realy didn`t noticed that, ain`t feeling so well to day, have been seeing blue people all day dry.gif

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (duudfromnorway @ Feb 26 2004, 09:24 PM)
put the latest bios of evox on their and i put the bios in iso

MAN! i realy didn`t noticed that, ain`t feeling so well to day, have been seeing blue people all day dry.gif

Seeing blue people? Get Away from your XBOX then. Who knows what damage you will cause. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users