7 replies to this topic

#1 CraZboyz

CraZboyz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:14 PM

When on the Cromwell screen I insert the new slayers disk to flash the chip with the bios on it. But when I do it says BIOS.BIN not found on CD...

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

you need a different CD to flash the cromwell, check tutorials

#3 Doublet182

Doublet182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:24 PM

Read the noob guide to everything you need to make a cd with just the bios.bin file and a dummy file on it first, before you put the slayers disc in.

#4 CraZboyz

CraZboyz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:34 PM

It says in the slayers Readme this.

"2. Ability to flash the X2, chameleon, akira or any other 1MB MOD chip implementing the cromwell bios boot mechanism. Simply insert the SlaYer's v.2.5 installer disk in the Xbox DvD drive when asked by the cromwell Bios and your MOD will be flashed with slayers customized X2 4977 *FC* Bios capable of booting "evoxdash.xbe" from F: or C: and even supporting G: drive for hardrives larger than 137GB."

#5 CraZboyz

CraZboyz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:47 PM

nutin to say about that?

#6 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:58 PM

I don't use Slayer's (with the exception of formatting a new hard drive) so I really don't know about Slayer's flashing the Cromwell BIOS.. If it does, more power to it, if it doesn't, then, that's because it's basically crap (other than the fact that it formats and partitions hard drives)...

Anyways, for the best interest of yourself in mind, it would be far greater for your learning pleasure (and I really do mean this) if you read the tutorial on creating a BIOS CD. It's really more fun if you do the work yourself and not rely on a auto-installer. Also, you'll learn something new and how things work. In the end, you'll get more out of it if you do it yourself.

If you want Slayer's to do it, then that's your decision, but about 98% of the members here will tell you to learn how to do it, then try.

Dustin Harrison
dharrison@classicnet.net

#7 CraZboyz

CraZboyz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:12 PM

O I have no problem flashing the Bios but I just wanted to flash it with the ones that it had.

#8 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:31 PM

Then, the easiest thing to do is to extract the Slayer's ISO with Craxtion and look in the BIOS folder for the BIOS you want, then burn it and a dummy file to a CD and insert it when Cromwell prompts you to.

Dustin Harrison
dharrison@classicnet.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users