#1 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:23 AM

I have a v1.0 Xbox with a Xenium modchip running the v1.1 OS. It is flashed with x2 4981.67 and running EvoX and I just installed a new 200Gb Seagate HDD. For some reason I can't even connect via FTP (using SmartFTP) unless I am in XBMC. Now, when I can connect I can only see drives C, D, E, F, and G and I can't transfer much to the HDD before it stops writing what I transfer. I can download fine, just uploading is being stubborn. Anybody have any idea whats up?

Edited by JuggaloZeke, 27 February 2004 - 01:42 AM.

#2 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:33 AM

Sorry about the triple post, sever was acting up.

#3 DedLocke

DedLocke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:50 AM

I know this might sound obvious but did you check to make sure you have room on the Xbox partition you are uploading to? Have you tried other partitions? If so then I haven't a clue. If a file transfers only partially it usually means there isn't enough room. As for not being able to ftp....you should make sure the DNS/IP Addressing is as it should be on the Xbox and PC.

The DNS address on the Xbox should be the IP address assigned to the port on your PC, etc.....

Hope this gives you some idea....... cool.gif

#4 pjfan281

pjfan281

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:14 AM

check your evox settings to see if you're set to dhcp, static....all that good stuff

#5 Samstag

Samstag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:09 AM

If you're able to connect and start an upload that slows down and fails, it may be a bad drive. I had a seagate 120 that worked great until it I had about 70 gig on it. Then uploads started slowing down and stalling, until at around 80 gig it would fail when uploading any large file. It still saved games and uploaded small files fine. If I deleted 10 gig it would work fine again until it started getting close to the 80 gig limit.

So try deleting a couple of games or movies and see if it improves. This doesn't address your problems with connecting to the dashboard ftp. That's probably a configuration issue.

#6 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:50 PM

Im sure there is enough room in the partitions, it is a 200Gb drive and the things I was trying to upload lately that werent wroking werent large files (new BIOS [256k] and NES roms). Ill check the IP configurations because everytime I get onto Live I have to switch them and I think that may be why.

#7 Samstag

Samstag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:52 PM

WHen I had problems uploading files I had 40+ gig free. But if you're having trouble with small files it doesn't sound like the same thing.

Are you using 4980 or 4981 bios? I've heard that they may cause the ethernet mac address to change every time you power on (or maybe it was every time you use live). If you use dhcp it will usually assign you a new ip address every time the mac address changes.

#8 player1

player1

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Samstag @ Feb 27 2004, 03:52 PM)
WHen I had problems uploading files I had 40+ gig free. But if you're having trouble with small files it doesn't sound like the same thing.

Are you using 4980 or 4981 bios? I've heard that they may cause the ethernet mac address to change every time you power on (or maybe it was every time you use live). If you use dhcp it will usually assign you a new ip address every time the mac address changes.

How on earth can the bios change the IP setting when you reboot ? uhh.gif

#9 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:54 PM

I have the 4981.67 BIOS.

#10 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

Also, anyone have any idea why I can only access the Xbox via FTP when I am in XBMC? It will not work unless I have XBMC open.

#11 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:51 PM

Also, I just tried out Avalaunch and in its file manager there is no G drive...

EDIT: Didn't bother editing the XML file before FTP'ing. Stupid me.

Edited by JuggaloZeke, 27 February 2004 - 05:26 PM.

#12 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

you need to enable the G partition in the avalaunch.xml file.

#13 Samstag

Samstag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (player1 @ Feb 27 2004, 10:30 AM)
How on earth can the bios change the IP setting when you reboot ? uhh.gif

I can't find the original topic where I saw that, but what was happening is the new anti-live feature in 4981 (and 4980 I'd assume) changes the ethernet mac address every time you boot.

A dhcp server will try to always give the same ip address to the same mac address, so even though I have dhcp, all the computers and xboxes in my house always have the same ip. If you change an ethernet card, your ip will change because the dhcp server will try to reserve the old ip for the original ethernet mac address.

The guy who had the original problem (ip changing every boot) found that his mac changed every time too. He switched to 4979 or M7 and the problem disappeared.

#14 fuyacrew

fuyacrew

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:56 PM

Also, anyone have any idea why I can only access the Xbox via FTP when I am in XBMC? It will not work unless I have XBMC open.

I had the same problem, It happened after I installed some windows updates, I uninstalled them , and it works fine, So check that out.

#15 JuggaloZeke

JuggaloZeke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:54 AM

Nope, it couldnt be Windows Updates considering I have none, they wreck my PC for some reason. I figured out it had sometime to do with EvoX so I switched to Avalaunch and it works great now. Plus Avalaunch is so much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users