Photo

Would U Buy MS's New Console.....

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you still buy the next xbox if....

Would you still buy the next xbox if....

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:24 AM

Just curious. I won't buy it if it hasn't got an hdd. That was a main reason I wanted the xbox. I had so many ps1 and DC memcards around.

#2 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:27 AM

damn, i messed up Arfhghfgj.

the second and 3rd should say "I will", instead of "i won't".

Kinda a loop there lol. Close the thread, if it isn't, then jusr post what you would do instead of voting.

#3 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:04 PM

I'll decide when both consoles come out and see which one is the best out of the both. This is between a PS3 and Xbox Next

I'll decide by seeing which has better games available. I don't mind if there's no backwards compatibility because I would have already played the old games making it pointless for me to play them again. Another factor in making my decision will be to know which console will have better games developed for it.

Nobody can really tell which console will be the most powerful because sony have said something like that their new processor will 1000 times faster than the one in the PS2 which is quite rediculous if you think about it because a 266GHz processor isn't coming for many decades, but maybe I shouldn't base this on clock cycles and in performance wise which still seems complete BS.

The Xbox Next seems will have more power, just seems to fit any product of MS. I hope it is though and somehow there is a trend to make all games have the most realistic, fluid and life like graphics. If game designers follow this then there will be more potential for games to be released on the xbox.

#4 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:14 PM

We already have a crappy no-frills console, it's called the PS2. MS is making a big mistake by switching to the more traditional console stance. Xbox isn't FOR the casual gaming crowd, PS2 is...and PS2 fans aren't going to buy Xbox 2, even if it's more like a PS2 than an Xbox....and Xbox fans aren't going to buy it, because MS is taking away everything to like about the Xbox.

Edited by nemt, 27 February 2004 - 02:15 PM.

#5 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:03 PM

It should be very interesting battle between Sony and MS!

I'm gonna hold off voting until I see the final product of both.

Edited by rgtaa, 27 February 2004 - 03:09 PM.

#6 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (nemt @ Feb 27 2004, 04:14 PM)
We already have a crappy no-frills console, it's called the PS2. MS is making a big mistake by switching to the more traditional console stance. Xbox isn't FOR the casual gaming crowd, PS2 is...and PS2 fans aren't going to buy Xbox 2, even if it's more like a PS2 than an Xbox....and Xbox fans aren't going to buy it, because MS is taking away everything to like about the Xbox.

Exactly! With MS turning away from a pc based console, and following the traditional non-familiar arcutecture of the other consoles, they will loose the only reason developers had to program for it. Silly Billy.

#7 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:18 PM

Stupid sexy Flanders (ie., double post)!

Edited by Foe-hammer, 27 February 2004 - 03:19 PM.

#8 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Feb 27 2004, 12:03 PM)
It should be very interesting battle between Sony and MS!

I'm gonna hold off voting until I see the final product of both.

No it isn't. Sony is going to murder MS. The PS2 crowd is NEVER going to buy an xbox product...and MS's attempt to make the Xbox 2 more appealing to them only alienates MS's own fans.

The xbox 2 is going to be their biggest failure since the tablet pc...or even worse, possibly...Windows Me.

Edited by nemt, 27 February 2004 - 03:46 PM.

#9 KingViper

KingViper

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:40 PM

No PS2 lover is going to by a MS console. Everyone I have talked to loves the PS2 controller more than the system iteslf, and none of them know that you can use the PS2 controller on an Xbox with an adapter, so basically, noone will by a MS console. Also, rumor has it you still wont need a memory card for the Xbox Next, in the xbox-scene news they stated that it will have a solid state memory piece in the console. Probably around 128mb ram. If its only 64, then they might as well not even put one in. Also, this will mean you won't be able to have your own music tracks in games any longer. So far, it sounds like the xbox next is gonna suck.

KingViper

#10 falser

falser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:43 PM

IF it includes a HD and can be hacked in a similar fashion as the Xbox, then no question I'd buy it. MS would have recieved zero pennies from me without the capabilities the xbox has after modding. But after getting one I've started getting into the games more than I thought I would (PC first person player here). Maybe this was their ploy all along - to hook the people who wouldn't have ordinarily purchased their console or games.

That said, if there's no HD and no hackability then the games and system would have be a giant leap ahead of what they're currently offering. I'm talking 1080i or 720p support for it's entire collection out of the box - without this there is practically 0 chance of me ever owning it. Then I'd have to wait a year or 2 until the game catalog becomes mature enough because sure as hell I'm not going to be first in line to buy the system.

I think MS will be in a tough position because I highly doubt the Xbox2 is going to be significant enough an improvement and not be as open for modding.

#11 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:47 PM

The bottom line is we should all be thankful, as a the gaming community to have a system like the xbox. It is a one of a kind, once in a lifetime machine, and we will probably never see anything else like it. The xbox can do so much, and it's foolish to think any other machine will be able to match, let alone, top it...even if the machine comes from the same people.

#12 haqfar

haqfar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:05 PM

all I care about is that it has decent games, a way to play online without subscribing to xbox live (eg system link is perfect) and that I can install a mod chip.

...purely for personal interest reasons! I'm no pirate.

#13 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (nemt @ Feb 27 2004, 06:47 PM)
The bottom line is we should all be thankful, as a the gaming community to have a system like the xbox. It is a one of a kind, once in a lifetime machine, and we will probably never see anything else like it. The xbox can do so much, and it's foolish to think any other machine will be able to match, let alone, top it...even if the machine comes from the same people.

So true. The xbox is one of a kind, the like that we will probably never see again, unfortunately. Here's to the xbox beerchug.gif, the system that got me interested in video games again. The 32-bit era was uninspired and just not fun, for the most part, compared to the 2-d glory days of the 8 and 16-bit systems.

#14 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:54 PM

Well does Xbox 2 have Halo3? If so then yes i will buy it.

Also couldnt the next xbox be way more advanced (graphicly) if it used different components than the xbox (Making a compatability issue). I would much rather have a system that uses top of the line tech than one that can play old games i already have a system for.

#15 xbonz00889

xbonz00889

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:12 PM

no i wouldnt unless 1 it had a hdd and 2 it was backwards compatible. I mean im sure the system will be pimp but ive spent to much on this xbox to go get a new one and not play the old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users