44 replies to this topic

#16 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 06:32 PM

X-Ecuter is the best mod availlable, period.... PC-Bioxx will not have everything the X-Ecuter will have. If u think u'll mess up the installation of the X-Ecuter, then u better not even open your XBox since u would probably mess it up too. Easy install. Solder through 9 holes (Can u solder through a whole wacko.gif), solder both ends of 2 wires...

Damn, Waterboy can even do this..... As for the add-on's... It's great the the X-Ecuter team will continue making hardware for the Xbox scene... Just because PC-Bioxx is flashable does not mean that it will be compatible with all future bios or Xbox changes.... There are no gurantees.... K

Bottom line, X-Ecuter is the top of the line today and tomorrow... Later cool.gif

#17 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2002 - 07:40 PM

So lame dude,

It was ad. as a 1 wire mod, just leaving out details of the 9 additional connecting points, its not lying, just lame.

Additional hardware ???? Shit... You might as well make homebrew, at least then you dont have to buy somthing new, just reflash... i mean, you still gotta open your damn xbox up...

I'de go homebrew cause its cheap, but to actually buy one, def. OpenBox... HUGE BIG EASY solder points, and you just install it w/ the port on the out side of the box, no need to open it up again.

#18 Oldie

Oldie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 07:47 PM

The one thing that I would like to know is how can you switch to the retail bios? The mod page on this site lists that feature as yes, but I can't seem to figure out how they do that trick. The only thing I can think is there are 2 versions on the chip, but there must be some kind of hardware switch on the chip itself (or connections to attach one yourself) to switch the two, which I can't see on the pic.

Also, this might be a royal pain to remove later if needed. That's a lot of solder to clean off. With a wire, at least, I can just heat the solder point and remove the wire pretty easily.

My 2c

Oldie

#19 Foust

Foust

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 08:49 PM

I think there is a lot of speculation here, without any solid proof either direction. Once the x-ecuter is out and people have tried it, good or bad, we will have a much better basis for comparison.

#20 uniblab

uniblab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:03 PM

Fact is, one solder point can totally fuck your xbox.

#21 XBoy

XBoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:54 PM

LOL
I see X-ecutor as a big rip off.

How is X-ecutor 'better' than the rest of the mods? You're still forced to open up the XBox and solder.

Why waste your money?

#22 Judge

Judge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:03 PM

I guess going by the advert for the '1 wire' X-ecuter, it seemed like it may have been a 'SBox' type mod chip for the Xbox. The 'SBox' (or NeoKey) was built around a Neo2 8 wire chip, which went in the front of your PS2 usb port.

You still have to open your console regardless with any chip (even if it went in the front of your usb). I don't think 'self booting no mod chip' backups will become available any time soon. But at least the chip seems easy enough to install. I'll look forward to hearing the results.

#23 loft32

loft32

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:32 PM

It's the ol bait and switch. yay. They didn't straight out lie to us just omitted the "solder points" . Well guess what folks itís still a lie by omission at least from where I'm standing.

That out of the way One Wire can still seriously F*** up your box if you have no experience in soldering. The points you see in that picture are about ----> . that size. So make sure your using a low power soldering iron to install about 15 watts. Oh and when you fill those holes with solder be careful!! You don't want to use too much solder and bridge the points underneath the PCB of the mod itself so your soldering blind there. That would just be a pain in the ass to fix and you might cause damage not only to the mod itself but the Motherboard of the Xbox by pulling up traces and the points themselves when you try and pull it up after you have bridged points underneath the thing.

Again if you have bought one of these just take the same precautions that you would with a 11 or 30 wire mod. Take your time practice a bit on a old PCB with similar point sizes and then give it a go. Don't let the hype fool you into thinking it is an easy install and ruin your box by rushing through it. This might be an 30min job for a professional not for someone new to soldering at this scale.

Good luck.
Loft32

#24 cyrusuncc

cyrusuncc

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:34 PM

Although it is technically not a lie, there is only one wire. I believe it was intentionally misleading to drive the hype about the chip. I doubt it'll be that tough to install, but is was really misleading on their site.

#25 XBoy

XBoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:36 PM

Drive hype and imagine all the 'preorders' it has generated...

can we say 'ripoff' ..

#26 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (XBoy @ Jul 22 2002, 08:54 PM)
LOL

How is X-ecutor 'better' than the rest of the mods? You're still forced to open up the XBox and solder.

Why waste your money?

It is better because it is the only modchip that has all of the features all in 1 chip....and it is easy to install...it may sound hard, but if you can install an Enigmah or Xtender or whatever that has 30 wires, then u sure as hell can install the Xecuter!

#27 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (XBoy @ Jul 22 2002, 09:36 PM)
Drive hype and imagine all the 'preorders' it has generated...

can we say 'ripoff' ..

Actually it was a very smart move...I'll bet you they got millions of pre-orders!!! It was truthful about the 1 wire!!! Very good marketing plan... and I'm sure if you were the one who made the Xecuter, and you said the 1 wire mod, that you would be very very very happy with all the money you'd be raking in for pre-orders alone!! That's the kind of shit were u gotta read the fine print (even though there was no fine print) and really think about the whole 1 wire thing and is it really possible...considering the fact that it won't make a complete circuit or whatever

#28 crs_01

crs_01

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 July 2002 - 11:06 PM

Quick question im not too good at soldering and not sure how big the points are on the xbox will this be easy u think???.

I cant do ps2 though cos they were tiny and it was 40 odd wires though.

#29 Hawk

Hawk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (XBoy @ Jul 22 2002, 08:54 PM)
LOL

Why waste your money?

dude, your lazy. It takes about 5 minutes to open your xbox for the first time. Ten minutes if you peel the stickers off carefully.

and really, when given the option between more "Can-do's" on the xecuter vs. enigmah vs. messiah vs. pandora, the xecuter wins.

#30 Hawk

Hawk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (crs_01 @ Jul 22 2002, 10:06 PM)
Quick question im not too good at soldering and not sure how big the points are on the xbox will this be easy u think???.

I cant do ps2 though cos they were tiny and it was 40 odd wires though.

They are very small and very close together. I have never seen the PS2 mobo (actually I have but I can't remember it at all), but I can't imagine the PS2's being much smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users