2 replies to this topic

#1 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

I have a brand new X Box less than a week old, it has not been cracked open yet, I also have ordered the Xecuter2 lite+ its on its way as well. But I already have a very big concern.

My X Box in its current state will not play anything copied at all except audio disks. It has the Samsung drive according to the pictures posted. I have tons of copied DVD movies on various media, it will not play a single copy. I also have downloaded EvoX to get that prepared, it will not read that disk either. I have used 6 different brands of CDRW media and 3 brands of DVD media, burned on 3 different machines with different hardware and used 3 different types of software to do the burn, doing this in various combinations, following the tutorials to a tee on how to burn the ISO. But I can take any of these media, format them and burn an audio CD and it plays them all fine!

Somehow or another I am going to have to get to the bottom of this, because I have to flash the chip via a disk. I am very welcome to any suggestions anyone may have on what I can do or perhaps theres an alternitive way to flash this lite chip?

#2 xboxzombie

xboxzombie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:29 PM

it will not read them with out a modchip

#3 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:00 PM

Wow someone else told me not to install the mod chip until I got this sorted first because it should boot from the DVD rom regardless lol. I have been pulling teeth wondering why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users