7 replies to this topic

#1 ni66e12

ni66e12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:15 PM

I checked the tutorial posted by Lerxst already, but i guess his external programmer is the first version. I have the newer external programmer and it didnt come with a ground wire for the x2.3b lite chip. Is that ground wire absolutely necessary for flashing the x2.3b lite modchip? I have already tried flashing the modchip on my computer and X2BM said the flash was successful but when i put ithe chip back into the xbox (this a working modified xbox that i am borrowing), the xbox FRAGs. By the way, all the blue lights on the modchip are on when it is plugged into the programmer. Should i just continue to try to flash or should i find away to connect the ground wire? Also, is the ground wire supposed to be connected to the two pins that are sticking out on the external programmer?

#2 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:16 PM

yah

#3 ni66e12

ni66e12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:17 AM

so where do i connect the ground wire? Do i solder it onto the board where it says ground or do i plug the two ground wires into the two little pins on the side?

#4 Muntzster

Muntzster

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Fire
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:17 PM

i dont use the ground wire.. just let it alone worked fine every time and ive done 4 already

#5 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:32 PM

make sure your using a 1 meg bios, if your not, you maybe only flashing part of the chip, and then trying to boot off the second bank which is left empty,

#6 ni66e12

ni66e12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:29 PM

I still cant get it to work. I have been loading a couple differnet 1 mb bios. Is there something I am doing wrong?

#7 Sidewinder007z

Sidewinder007z

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:15 PM

When you flashed it did you watch the whole process? I always make sure the
verify is done after the flashing.

#8 ni66e12

ni66e12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

sidewinder - yes i watched the whole process. It verified and it completed.

Now i cant flash my chip with the external programmer anymore...i can read, erase, and get info from it but thats just it. Everytime i try to write, it just stays at 0%. Also, sometimes the the manufactuer ID and the secuity bit numbers change. Its not consistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users