15 replies to this topic

#1 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:34 PM

I'm somewhat new to the modding experience. I have been researched it every day for 3 weeks and how to do everything and i though i had it down to an art by the time my chip came, until the Cromwell BIOS that ship on the new Xecuter showed on my screen.

Here's my problem: I installed the chip, no prob, and booted the XBOX. The Cromwell screen showed up (anyone reading this forum knows what that is). It asks for a flashing disc so im thinkin whatever ill throw in the EvoX dashboard disc. Nothing happens, it spins the disc and spits it out.

I've also tried making an xISO file out of my EvoX .xba and .ini files and all that junk (including "dummy" file), wouldnt read it.

Can anyone help me? this is a very specific problem.

By the way, i mentioned my chip version in the title of the thread but in case you missed it, I'm running an Xecuter2.3b Lite Plus, and attempting to load EvoX dashboards (which i already have the files for)

Edited by Skandocious, 28 February 2004 - 05:35 PM.

#2 Damessiah

Damessiah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:54 PM

Ooops, learn the difference between a DASHBOARD and a BIOS.

You cant flash a chip with a dashboard, silly tongue.gif .

What you need mate, is a bios, evox make one (EvoX M7) or more popular the Xecuter series (latest 4981).

Now make a cd with bios.bin and a dummy file, and dont bugger up again.

#3 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:59 PM

Sorry, i do know the difference, guess you misunderstood. But its kinda funny, right before i came back to check this forum i started a burn with the m7 bios and a dummy file haha. Its burning right now. Hopefully this will work, I'll be back if it doesnt. Thanx for your help.

#4 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:35 PM

Okay i loaded the bios and i booted from the EvoX boot disc, right now i am looking at the EvoX dashboard on my screen. The next step is to make an FTP connection. I have installed a crossover cable between my computer and the xbox and read on a guide that my IP to connect with (in FlashFXP is 192.168.0.3) So i went to quick connect and typed that in (along with name: xbox password: xbox) and it just says "Connection failed (No route to host)" I dont beleive i changed the IP when i edited my EvoX.ini file but this is what my settings in the dashboard read:

IP: 192.168.100.10
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway: 192.168.100.1
DNS: 0.0.0.0

Anyone know why i cant make a connection? Thanx

#5 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:53 PM

Look at your xbox ip you just posted 192.168.100.10. Use that, not 192.168.03. Make your computer ip 192.168.100.1, with same subnet 255.255.255.0. Also, make sure your evox ini is set to use static ip. Now ftp to xbox and all will be right in the world.

#6 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:01 PM

what do you mean "make" my computer IP 192.168.100.1....You mean change the connection address to that in FlashFXP? Cuz i tried that and it still gave me the same thing...

#7 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:22 PM

OK. You posted before that your evox settings are:

IP: 192.168.100.10
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway: 192.168.100.1
DNS: 0.0.0.0

Use that IP in FlashFXP (192.168.100.10).

#8 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

i just told you that i already tried that and it did the same thing... "Connection failed" although this time it said after that "(Software caused connection abort) So i have no idea....

#9 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:34 PM

also i just realized that my settings in the dashboard show that static IP is disabled...and i noticed you said it had to be enabled....well when i enable it and exit the settings, it defaults back to not use it...ahhhh, do i hafta edit my .ini to enable it and make another ISO + Boot Disk please say no

#10 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

yes

#11 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

guess what genius...i did all that and my settings says Use Static IP - Yes and hey!! it still doesnt work!

#12 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:07 PM

Hey Genius..... I'm trying to help your stupid ass out who can't even network two goddamn things together:

1. There are tuts on this already
2. Anyone with a fuckin' brain shouldn't need a tut
3. I am sure you never changed your computer IP setting like I said at the beginning.

Get some basic knowledge of networking before you get pissed at someone who is trying to help.

Edited by para[android], 28 February 2004 - 08:08 PM.

#13 Skandocious

Skandocious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

lol...sorry didnt mean to get bitter, and i apprecaite the help....but im a little frustrated...and i asked about what you said with "changing" my comps IP and you implied that you meant that i needed to change the address in the FlashFXP....im not sure how to change my comps IP, i did at one point but i dont remember now...Maybe if you could be so kind as to tell me? Or give me an AIM name so we send replies back and forth more promptly...thanx

#14 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:33 PM

OK Fine.... Just read this....If you still can't figure it out, post again....

I will even supply detail instruction on getting to your ip properties:

Go desktop:
Right click on "My Network Places"
Right click on "Local Area Connections"
Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Click properties
Select "Use the following IP address:"

http://dwl.xbox-scen...ng_the_xbox.pdf

The part relevent to you will be "Setting up Configuration 1"

I am too nice........

#15 Skandocious

Skandocious