Photo

Ms-dash Not Working, How Dts, Pal50/60 Etc.?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Janneman

Janneman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:10 AM

Since I modded my xbox a long time ago and installed an Evox dash, the original MS-dashboard stopped working. I don't know why this is because I can't remember deleting any files. Even when I renamed it back to xbdash.xbe it still wouldn't work mad.gif

Anyway I don't really need the original dash very much. The only problem is that I cannot make some settings anymore. Soon I will have a DTS-decoder and it would be nice to hook it up to my Xbox. Only I have to make some settings in the MS-dash which I can't access no more sad.gif
Same goes for the PAL 50/60 option (thank god it was set at 60 before modding smile.gif )

What I'm asking is either a way of making these settings with a special tool or file-edit or sth.
Or I would like to make my original MS-Dash working again. Xbox is bought at launch in Europe. So it is a v1.0 with one of the earliest versions of the MS-dash I presume.

Maybe someone can provide me a filelist of the files (possibly with filesizes) required by MS-dash so I can compare it with my own to find out what is wrong.

- thanks a lot smile.gif

#2 ScOrPiOn-X

ScOrPiOn-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Janneman @ Feb 29 2004, 09:10 PM)
Since I modded my xbox a long time ago and installed an Evox dash, the original MS-dashboard stopped working. I don't know why this is because I can't remember deleting any files. Even when I renamed it back to xbdash.xbe it still wouldn't work  mad.gif

You either made a typo or you renamed the Xbox dash incorrectly.

It should be named xboxdash.xbe not xbdash.xbe. If it is a typo disregard this message.

GreetZ

#3 Janneman

Janneman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

it's a typo, I did rename correctly (why else would I see an 'xbox needs service message') smile.gif

How about this THC, does this substitute the MS-dash completely so I can use this to make my settings?

I can't try anything out till friday so I can't just try it out sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users