• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 spectral_wolf

spectral_wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

I figure this place is as good as any to post this. My problem is that I can only boot my xbox to the evo dash. When i turn off my xecutor mod, I get the xbox is fubared phone MS screen. As best as i can figure from meandering through the forums there may be some file name problems causing this? Could someone anyone! give me a clue as to what should be called what and how to amend the dash settings, so i get evolution with the mod enabled and msdash when not. For what its worth the mod is an x2.2 lite with the evox d6 bios. IT works fine apart from dash prob and the only reason i need to change this is so i can use Live.

Cheers for any help

wolfy

As an aside the main reason i'm clueless is that the system was automatically setup via an "cough"help"cough" disk that appeared with the mod chip.

Edited by spectral_wolf, 29 February 2004 - 03:18 PM.

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

MSDashBoard = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"

is your evox.ini set like this...
and that you have msxboxdash in your c: part..

#3 spectral_wolf

spectral_wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:00 PM

Thats what it says

#4 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:05 PM

do you have msxboxdash in your c:(xbox)?

#5 spectral_wolf

spectral_wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:17 PM

I did have it. Prompted by your post i went and had another look through the forums and renamed msxboxdash to xboxdash and kept the evoxdash. Low and behold another ws_ftp screwup refreshed the file listing to find no xboxdash no msxboxdash leaving me with just evoxdash. The xbox still boots to evox thankgod so its still usable for the mo. but when i get the chance I may use one of the autoinstallers just to get the msdash back, Or at the very least i'll try to extract the dash files and ftp them across.

cheers

wolfy

Edited by spectral_wolf, 29 February 2004 - 06:23 PM.

#6 Brots06

Brots06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:28 PM

i am having the same problem, in my c: partition there is xboxdash.xbe and evoxdash.xbe there isnt msxboxdash.xbe... any ideas

#7 Brots06

Brots06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:32 PM

in my .ini file it says MSDashBoard= "c:\xboxdash.xbe" so it should work. I have a slayer evox disk, if i used the option rebuild ms dash on hd would that fix the problem? that wont screw up any of my game saves, evox or my xbox live acount will it?

#8 spectral_wolf

spectral_wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hmm not knowing slayers disk setup i'd be worried that it restored the disk to default. Can anyone spare a moment to mail me the xboxdash to save struggle of extracting the damned thing from the iso's (let alone finding the damned iso's)

Wolfy

#9 Brots06

Brots06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

could some one please let me know if using the inst/restore ms dash option on the slayer evox disk will fix my problem... and if any what problems may i run into

#10 kexbox

kexbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:17 AM

You have to lock the hdd to be able to boot the msdash.
Edit your exov.ini file and remove the # before the lock/unlock and reboot to evox.
Then choose lock harddrive from the mainmenu. Now you can boot msdash when booting without the modchip.

#11 Brots06

Brots06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:19 AM

i locked my hd using confimagic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users