3 replies to this topic

#1 allenf

allenf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

Please help,

I recently bought an Executer2 Lite 2.3b modchip for my xbox. I installed it correctly & when first booting with it installed I got a Cromwell bios message asking for a bios flash cd.
So, I downloaded a 512k bios file for the chip from Teamxecuter, then I discovered that the 2.3b chip has a 1mb chip so I downloaded an app called x2bm which creates 1mb bios files using smaller files.
I created a 1mb bios file using the 512k file i had and x2bm, I then ripped it to a cd-rw.
I booted the box with the cd-rw & it flashed the chip ok & shutdown the xbox.
I turned the box back on and now I'm getting the on & off twice followed by green/red flashing problem.
I think the bios file I flashed must be corrupt or incorrect for my chip, I have since tried to boot the box with other bios files written on cd-rw but it won't get past the error...

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Allen

#2 para[android]

para[android]

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:36 PM

If you flashed with 1mb bios, you need to use an external programmer to fix it. For future referrence, you should flash with a 512k bios. The the bios flashes to bank 1, leaving cromwell on bank 2. That way, if you get a bad flash, you can go back to cromwell and start over.

#3 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:04 PM

look into a hot swap too..

#4 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:15 AM

So, I downloaded a 512k bios file for the chip from Teamxecuter

You do realise that this is also another copy of the Cromwell bios? You need to get an illegal hacked bios from the "usual places" to play backups, replace dash etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users