X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:07 PM

Well, acouple things...
1. I dropped my connection 3 or 4 times yesterday. Always with a message like Kai Orbital Lost Connection. Is this something with my set-up or is it a common problem?

2. Quite often I get some lag time with the chatting in Kai. Sometimes it may take 5-10 seconds for my line to post.

3. We have been having some great games in R63. We have a couple of guys(Liquid and JediHunter) who have great connections and have been hosting 16 player games with virtually no lag. However, There is alot of "voice lag". You know? garbled voices. The "voice lag" only is apparent during the bigger games. It always seems to be the same people( this could be my imagination ) The common statement I hear is something like....This tunnel or this game or this whatever....isn't meant to handle 16 players. I think that's rubbish

Nice job TD. The Xlink\Kai community is definitely the best, adult oriented tunnel out there. Keep up the great work

-boxorox

#2 taz1975uk

taz1975uk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:47 PM

Yep ive seen the orbital disconnection message a few times and also the lag in the chat room, can be a few secounds, perhaps the 2 are related as i think the orbitals help run the chat rooms side of things.

The voice lag problem may be due to the people who are having problems connection, im thinking that the game side may be all sent to the host and then back to each other, and the chat side is peer to peer so all players are transmiting to all others and receiving at the same time directly.

if its a 16 player game on a dedicated server, then for the game the server will be receiving and transmiting data to 16 other xboxes. (so its only the ping to the host that matters)
while the voice may be transmited all other xboxes, so each xbox is receiving and transmiting voice to 17 xboxes. (so the connection speed of everyone will make a difference)

I'm not saying thats why its happening its just my theory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users