• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 gnarlon

gnarlon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:03 PM

i installed my executer 2.3b pro last night and i felt like everything went really smoothly. all of the lights were on or flashing in the right places but then the cd drive never opened like it is supposed to do. any suggestions?

#2 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:05 PM

check to be sure you reconnected the yellow dvd cable

#3 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:43 PM

what version motherboard do you have?

if it's 1.0-1.3 then you should see the cromwell bios pop up and say insert the bios disc. 1.4 or 1.5 (if it has that focus chip) will give you a black screen cuz cromwell doesn't display video on that video chip but the cdrom will still eject

so if you have 1.0-1.3 then you should get video fine. if not there is something wrong with your installation.

#4 gnarlon

gnarlon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:22 AM

all i have done so far is just actually install the executer pro 2.3b. when i plug it in all of the lights are on and the main light for the xbox is flashing between the two colors. my cd drive never opened and the wire for it the yellow one is plugged in. the screen on my tv is blank. if i plug the rf connector into the xbox the the main light just goes to yellow how it normally is. does this sound like a bad installation?

#5 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:17 AM

if your video cable isn't plugged into the back of the xbox the light will flash from green to yellow to tell you to plug it in

if everything is soldered in properly and your xbox is plugged up to your TV you should come to a screen that asks for a bios file and pops open your cd-rom

that's only if you have the mod chip installed properly and you have the external switch set to the bios with the preinstalled cromwell on it and the external switch has to have the mod chip enabled

#6 gnarlon

gnarlon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:04 AM

when you install the new chip are you supposed to test it first without hooking up your hard drive and dvd rom player

#7 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:09 AM

y create a new thread when your first thread is only 20 posts down?

#8 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:17 AM

Threads merged...

Sounds like your d0 isn't soldered properly. What video is being output?

#9 gnarlon

gnarlon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:19 PM

hey guys i have posted twice on this site and have received useful answers and now i think i have my problem narrowed down. i installed an executer 2.3b pro and everything went fine. the problem was when i tested the chip for the first time. i didn't leave the hard drive and the dvd drive disconnected. instead i hooked them up and got a blank screen and the dvd drive never opened. i took the drives out and tested again but the same thing happened. now i am stuck because i think i might have messed something up. please give me knowledge. ps all of the lights are working.

#10 pjfan281

pjfan281

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

not the problem. i always reconnect everytihng before booting up the first time after a chip install. it's not a necessity to leave them unhooked, just saved you the time to have to re-disconnect if the chip doesnt work. perhaps you flashed with a bios that doesnt have focus chip support? hence the black screen.

#11 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

even if the bios on the chip doesn't have support for the focus chip it should still open the tray!

Make sure your settings on the switch pad are set right. I never really remember what "right" is, but its definitly chip set to enable, i think unprotect and bank 1.

I too always put the HD and DVD back into a machine when i boot for the first time after an install.

#12 pjfan281

pjfan281

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:29 PM

thats for a lite. he has a pro. so 4 switches should be set for your bios size. did you flash the chip yet? or thats the prob?

Edited by pjfan281, 02 March 2004 - 03:32 PM.

#13 gnostic

gnostic

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (pjfan281 @ Mar 2 2004, 05:29 PM)
thats for a lite. he has a pro. so 4 switches should be set for your bios size. did you flash the chip yet? or thats the prob?

He makes no mention of flashing the chip...so that would be my guess what the problem is.

-nostic

#14 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:51 PM

Threads merged again... stop abusing the forums... bump your thread, don't start new ones...

#15 gnarlon

gnarlon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:37 PM

hey thanks guys i never flashed my chip. that must be it. i appreciate the help. any suggestions on a website that might help me flash it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users