4 replies to this topic

#1 dropek

dropek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:12 PM

i used the splinter cell exploit, i already had stuff on my 160gb hdd, my chip stopped working, on the f drive, loaded up the splinter cell exp. to get evox up but it doesnt show anything in the launch menu part thats on the f drive, any ideas?

#2 DeltaTau

DeltaTau

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:44 PM

check your evox.ini file

are you running evox from c:\ or are you running it from the savegame folder?
make sure you edit the correct ini file

#3 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:07 PM

If your chip stopped working it means you boot your xbox with the retail bios and then run the Splinter Cell exploit - am I right? In that case you will not see the F-drive since the retail bios doesn't support it.
What you could do is :
1) either re-pack your SplinterCell exploit with PBL and a suitable bios (M7 or whatever)
2) Use the SplinterCell exploit to install the font or audio (safer) exploit to launch PBL.

#4 dropek

dropek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:57 PM

thanks for that, tried opening evox m7 in xbtool however just got config error blink.gif can u help?

#5 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:42 AM

You would only need to "open" your bios with xbtool if you need to change or confirm which dash the bios will try to load. If you need to change you bios you will have to put the RC4 key of the bios in question in the config file of xbtool. Read the documentation for more info.

If you decided to go with the font or audio soft exploit then its time to switch to the Dashboard Exploit forum. First thing you should do there is read something like Grospolinas checklist : http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=171827

There are plenty of tutorials now for installing the software exploits. Remember to backup all relevant stuff (hd key, eeprom, content of C,E drives ...) before you start messing around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users