X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:35 PM

OK...
I have a ver 1.0 xbox with a new 2.3B+lite. I got the chip installed and then with the old Hdd still in the xbox I updated the bios. I ran the slayers evox cd and did the usual format upgraded Hd and install evox. All of this was done with the old HDD. This is where Im confused. I have done this before...with these cd's. but I guess I did so much trial and error that I forgot the exact order to do them.
Was I supposed to install the bios and then swap Hdds and then format and put evox on? Or do I put the evox on the old Hdd and then just swap them in the end? Right now if I put the new HDD in it gives me error 13 So I dont believe that I can install evox over that can I ???

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:38 PM

You really should have installed evox on your old hard drive, and backed up the eeprom, c and e drive to your PC.

Since you already ran Slayers on the old hard drive, just put the new one in, make sure it is set to cable select (if that doesn't work set it to master) and run Slayers again.

#3 player1

player1

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:45 PM

Youve already got bios that you flashed before on your chip m8 so you dont need to flash again.

#4 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:50 PM

I know that some people say you have to back everything up to a PC but this is the 3rd xbox Ive ever done and I never had to do that before...So will it eventually run the disk even if Ive been getting a error 13 with the new Hdd???

#5 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

Also I ve got this extra disk laying around and its got (default.xbe) (initrd) (linuxboot.cfg) (vmlinuz) (and Ozflash.readme) Do I need that somewhere???

#6 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:00 PM

All I want to know is...If Im gettin error 13 and I just keep putting the evox cd back in and out will it eventuall read like it did with the old Hdd? If I knew that I could just sit there and keep ejecting and ejecting over and over again. And another thing...when I do have the new Hdd in I get my blue Xbox logo but I never get to see the xecutor thingy underneath it...it goes to the error screen before that....Help me???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users