6 replies to this topic

#1 matt_hesketh

matt_hesketh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:19 PM

ok, so ive got my xbox running a full version of evox using a savegame, nothing on the HD yet, because i havent been able to get my XBox and PC to talk to each other. i think ive got all the network settings right, the only thing i can think of is that im not using a proper ethernet cable, but ive tried like 3 different ones. one cable, i plugged into my cable modem then into my xbox, and it DOES FIND that connection, evox says its got a 100 mbs connection, but then i plug the end from the cable modem into my PC, and nothing. so i KNOW that data does go through that cable to the xbox...any hints?

#2 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:44 PM

Are you using a crossover cable? You need one to go straight from your PC to your Xbox.

#3 matt_hesketh

matt_hesketh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:47 PM

i think that no. sorry bout the n00b question, i didnt know how the tell the difference then i looked at the tutorial. if i borrow my roomates router, can i use just regular cat5 cable? or does that need Xover cable too?

#4 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:49 PM

if you use a router or hub you can use a regular cat5 cable. if your doing pc -> xbox directly, then u need a xover.

#5 matt_hesketh

matt_hesketh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:51 PM

ok, thanks very much, ill post results just in case any other n00bs care wink.gif

#6 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

oh and if your connecting via a router set it to dhcp. a lot easier than statically conneting.

#7 matt_hesketh

matt_hesketh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:54 PM

10-4 roger that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users