#1 Kiba

Kiba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:51 PM

Since I don't have the Sampsung drive I tend to copy most of my games to the HDD but now I don't have enough space and don't feel like deleting anything but want to play some games.
I would use the DVD Drive but there's a priblem, certain copies seem to cause the drive to vibrate A LOT the whole machine is vibrating and I'm afraid that if I keep playing these games it will damagemy HDD and eventually it will get bad sectors or something.

Is this harmful to the HDD and why is this happening, any way to prevent it?

Edited by Kiba, 03 March 2004 - 08:54 PM.

#2 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:57 PM

did you play around with your dvd drive? It sounds like something is loose on that thing so when it spins the disc it jostles around

#3 Kiba

Kiba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:06 PM

No I never mess with that kinda stuff cause I'm no good with electronics and I rarely move my consoles around even when I do I'm very careful. That might be the reason though cause it doesn't do it all the time. Perhaps it's an easy fix I should take it to my friend and get him to fix it for me but I'd like more feedback first.

#4 dewmonger

dewmonger

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:28 PM

Do you have any labels or stickers on the DVDs? If you do, then that would cause it to vibrate. If the disc is dirty, then sometimes that causes vibrations as well. Try cleaning the discs and/or the drive lens. Are they original discs or copies? If the are copies, maybe try a different brand and see if it reads easier. Hope some of these suggestions help.

#5 billenglish

billenglish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:46 PM

i dont know if it damages the HDD but, i would take the DVD-ROM out of the case temporarily

#6 Kiba

Kiba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:55 AM

Could it be the burning speed? I don't burn the games myself so I wouldn't know at what speed they were burned but it seems that some games do this and others don't, they are all on Verbatim. Regardless of the vibrations the drive reads everything perfectly fine, even when it vibrates I see no slowdown in loading or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users