JdotK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:05 AM

Hey yall, im really new at this and have been to several websites trying to read the tutorials and all that, so sorry if I shouldnt be askin, but i just cant figure it out and yall seem to know your shit...

Any way

Just got a premodded Xbox with a 200GB HD the 2.3Pro chip installed... i should be getting it any day...

what I want to know is, what bios do I use? Someone sent me the Xecuter_FlashBIOS_228.rar and inside that was the bin file, the dummy.exe file and a text doc...

First, is this the proper bios to use and second, if it is, do I just burn the bin or should i make an image file that has both the bin and the dummy and the text file so that all three are burned to the disk....

And is it ok to use CD-R's? or will the Xbox only read CD-RW's? One person told me their Xbox will only read DVD-R's... is that the case, because I dont have a DVD burner...

Also, I got the XboxJunky's All in one Dashboard Bin and Im wondering which Dashboard is the best... These are the ones it includes:

Evolution X (Evox)
UNLEASHX
MEDIA X MENU (MXM)
AVALAUNCH

I heard Evox was the best, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for taking the time to read all that. Like I said, I am basically lost with all this, so any help is very much appreciate.

#2 muggs

muggs

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:10 AM

I believe those bios you have are just the ones to allow you to foash the chip which it should already have on it. You will need to get the Xecuter 4981.06 or 4981.67 and flash the chip with that. I don't know how that disc is that you got, the xboxjunky's one, but slayers does a good job of installing all the apps and the dash for you and you can use it to format the HDD.

muggs

#3 JdotK

JdotK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:17 AM

ok, i got that Bios... it has 2 bin files a bat file, and nfo and x2_IGR_disabled in it... what do I do? burn the whole folder? or burn both bin files to seperate cds?

And can I just use CD-r?

#4 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:20 AM

Burn both bin files and wrether or not you can use CD-R depends on the DVD drive in your xbox. If its a samsung then yeah but if not you would be better off using a CD-RW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users