#1 neolithic

neolithic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:45 AM

Ok, I bought a replacement mobo off e-bay that had error code 6. Thinking I could just pop in one of my locked hdds i had laying around I thought I was getting a good score. I've tried a locked WD and a locked Seagate all of which still give error 06. I tried putting my matrix on so that it wouldn't matter if the hdd was locked, and tried both those hdds again along with my 80gb maxtor that is locked. Nothing. Any ideas?

#2 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:48 AM

Error 06 means that the Xbox can't unlock the HD to use it.... The Xbox always unlocks the HD so you can play games and stuff but when it is turned off it locks again... Those HD's that get Error 06 that you have are useless unless you know who you bought them off of and put it back into their xbox's and get them unlocked.

Hope that helps!

#3 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

Thinking I could just pop in one of my locked hdds i had laying around I thought I was getting a good score.

You can't use a HD that was locked in a different xbox - the correct unlock password can't be generated by a different console.

I tried putting my matrix on so that it wouldn't matter if the hdd was locked

A modchip makes no difference to a locked HD - they only allow you to also boot an unlocked HD. If it is locked, it still requires the correct password to access it.

#4 neolithic

neolithic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:25 PM

so if i get an unlocked hdd, and put in my mod chip, then that should work shouldn't it? from there I can flash the tsop via exploits, put in a blank hdd and format, correct?

#5 neolithic

neolithic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:04 AM

*bump*

#6 Renthal

Renthal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Most stick 'n ball sports, motocross, paintball, video games.

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

In a sense, but not quite that simply. I don't think you can flash the TSOP unless you are using 'certain' modchips (correct me if I'm wrong). You'll need to do everything as stated already, but you'll need to lock the unlocked HDD w/configmagic or evox. Next, you'll need to disable the modchip and use software exploits to flash the TSOP. Once the TSOP is flashed you can unlock the HDD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users