6 replies to this topic

#1 dvl

dvl

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

I got tired of looking at the green light on my newest mod with an xpro. I had some extra tricolor leads laying about, so I figured I'd make a quick easy mod. WRONG! The new led would not work, so I went ahead and put back in the old one. The problem now is, the board doesn't work at all. I'm sure I didn't overheat anything...My xbox won't boot because of it, and is now pretty much useless.

I'm hoping that someone here can tell me what the problem might be, and what I can do to fix it. If not, does anyone know how I can get a new dip switch board for my xbox?

#2 dvl

dvl

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:31 PM

Come on peaps...Somebody must have been stupid enough to have done this too? Anybody have a clue what I can do?

#3 UndercoverPunker

UndercoverPunker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, snowboarding, My Caprice, HiFi sound, stuff I'm not supposed to like, community service...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

I'm not realling going to be helping you any, just a spot of advise... this question might get some good responses from the xecuter chip forums, as everyone who is there should have one.... just a thought... wink.gif

#4 njovin

njovin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:39 PM

I actually threw out my dip switch board and manually hooked up 2 switches (mod on/off and bios protect on/off, I didn't really care about the bank1/bank2) in the back of the xbox and did away with the LED altogether. I knew NOTHING about electronics at the time, but just followed the little lines on the board and figured it out. If you need some help figuring out which wires go to what let me know and I'll try to help you out.

#5 dvl

dvl

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

I figured I'd ask here sinse this is where all the case moders and people who know more about circuts can be found. I was hoping someone who had more experience with "rigging" things up could help me out.

#6 dvl

dvl

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:45 PM

Thanks njovin. I figured that there must be some way to rigg that thing up, but I didn't want to do any further damage to the switches incase there was an easier way around it. It seems like what your saying is going to be my last resort.

I'm not quite sure why changing leds would cause that part to break. I thought I kept things pretty cool as to not damage the board any, but I guess it's possible that I didn't do enough to keep things cool. Anyways, thanks again. And I'll let you know if I need any help.

#7 snorkleboy

snorkleboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:19 AM

I just had to rig one up that was attached to an xbox that got thrown across a room, its really easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users