3 replies to this topic

#1 mrrman

mrrman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:53 PM

I have a X2.3B lite plus installed with the cromwell bios. I want to upgrade the bios so I can make use of the XBOX. I have 4980_06 bios and have made 2-256K bin files( 1 - 512k bank) and created a 200 mg dummy file. I have followed the tuts on burning these 2 files and thats simple(using Nero). My question is do I have to rename the bin and dummy file to something else in order for it to work? I have the Thompson drive so I am aware of the read issues and I am using Ritek discs. I have tried CDR,DVR-R,DWDR-RWs and I get the message "bios upload halted" or something to this effect. Did I make the disc right as mentioned or have I done something wrong. Please help as I have read so many tuts and tried so many different ways and still nothing...

#2 pjfan281

pjfan281

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:21 PM

4980 is an obsolete and buggy bios. get 4981. retry. name the dummy sometihng simply like aaa.zip

Edited by pjfan281, 04 March 2004 - 11:21 PM.

#3 GameGuru1

GameGuru1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:24 PM

Make sure you're using 4981 or Evox m7 (these are the best). Make sure you've got a bios.bin and some big file before it for the dummy. Lastly, make sure your chip is unprotected because that gives the "halting" message. Hope this helps.

#4 mrrman

mrrman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:06 AM

My mistake...it is 4981_06...I made a typo

I retried this again and it says " No Bios Update Found-Halting" I made the bin file and renamed it to Bios.Bin, created a 500mg dimmy file and called it abc.aaa. It still doesnt work, whats up with that. My chip is set to unprotected, bank 2,enable. What am I missing here? Are the files correct as notec and if so is it just a matter of resetting it forever until it takes the upadte as I saw that the Thompson drives are dogs... sad.gif Thanks again

I just made the disc again and it updated...when the flash is over, is the Xbox suppose to shut off by itself? How do i know if the bios was taken successfully? Is there a way to check this? Thanks for all your help

Edited by mrrman, 05 March 2004 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users