• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 firebladejr

firebladejr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

Hi ppl. I am a total Noob to Xbox modding. I have experience with PC's though and thought I'd open up the xbox to have a look.

I have a cheapmod modchip installed with Xecuter2 and a disable switch (toggle) mounted on the side of the XBox.
When unplugging the IDE cable I knocked the wire off the swtich that disables the modchip (black wire going to board). There was one wire going from the switch to the LPC and one wire going from the switch to some tracks on the board that was held down with tape. The latter is the wire that has come out. It is very difficult to see where the wire was stuck to exactly, but it looks like it was bridging 3 tracks and possibly soldered into a tiny hole much smaller than any of the others. My question is, is this the D0 wire? If so, would my best method of fixing the prbblem be to scrape the plastic coating from the top of the hole and then try to resolder the wire?

Thanks in advance and please forgive my ignorance, I am a total noob.

#2 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:12 AM

that wire went to the d0 which is critical to a modded xbox...

the wire should've been soldered to the d0, not held on with electrical tape... who modded your xbox? they did a shit job...

here is a pic of the d0 (blue wire is going to it)

user posted image

user posted image

#3 firebladejr

firebladejr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

that looks like it, except I can't see a hole there. Looks like there is a "smudge" where the hole is supposed to be, almost as if it has been touched with the tip of a soldering iron. I think I''l try and remove the coating with a small screwdriver and then solder the wire back in.

On another note, what an excellent forum!!! I posted this up less than an hour ago and I've already got an answer, that's awesome!!

btw, what is the chip used for installation in that picture? Looks quite straight forward with the colour coded wires etc.

#4 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:34 AM

that is an xbit which costs $50 wink.gif

a little more than a cheapmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic